Chapter one

Izaya slowly opened the door to his penthouse to find that Namie had left. It was reasonable, though. It was already 6:39 p.m, and Namie's shift ended at five. Izaya sighed and closed the door, making sure to lock it behind him as he hung his coat on the coat rack and walked back to his room. When he opened his bathroom door, he noticed that the bath was already full. Namie had probably done it when Izaya was outside in Ikebukuro. When he stuck his hand into the water, he felt like the water was slightly too cold for his liking, so he took off his shirt and took out the plug from the drain, waiting for the bath to drain entirely before deciding to take a shower instead. It would take less time anyway, he thought to himself.

Izaya stripped his clothes and waited for the shower to start to adjust to his perfect temperature, tossing the clothes that he wore in a laundry basket for Namie to wash up tomorrow when she came back. Izaya pumped a handful of shampoo into his palms and slathered it into his already wet hair, making sure not to get any into his eyes. While Izaya washed his hair, he felt the water dripping from his skin and it made him feel much more relaxed. There was no sound except for the noise from the water hitting the bottom of the bathtub. The day was decent, but it was not nearly as exiting as he thought it should have been. It mostly consisted of work, and walking. Besides that, the day was average. It was not anything too great compared to the fun he could have had. If only he stayed in Ikebukuro for a bit longer and just took a taxi cab for the way home. Maybe he could have run into more people and enjoyed himself.

A small feeling of regret passed through him and he felt slightly sick, but the feeling passed after a couple of seconds. It didn't matter, anyway. One day couldn't make such a large impact on his life, so nothing else would matter. Today was just one day out of 365 days in the year, Izaya thought to himself, running his fingers through his hair to rid of any tangles. He sighed and rinsed the soap from his hair, watching the bubbles from the water get popped by the shower drain. It was peaceful to be back inside of his own home, he thought to himself, as the water slowly rinsed out the soap from his hair. He stopped the shower and opened the curtains, taking a towel from a towel holder and dried his hair off, then wrapped the towel around his waist as he walked back into his bedroom to retrieve clothes that were comfortable for sleeping with. Izaya gently untied the towel from around his waist and hung it back up onto the towel holder in the bathroom, and then slid on his boxers, alone with the rest of his clothes. It was already dark outside. Izaya checked the time, and the clock read that it was 7:02. Izaya didn't have anything productive to do until he wanted to sleep, so he walked over to his desk and pulled out his phone, going into The Dollars group chat. The Dollars is a gang that had been started in Ikebukuro alone with The Yellow Scarves and The Blue Squares. Tasteless names, Izaya thought to himself, pulling up the chat. Three people were on it, which included Mikado, Masaomi, and Anri. Izaya's online alias was Kanra, while Mikado's was TarouTanaka, Masaomi's was Bacura, and Anri's was Saika. Despite Izaya's real personality, he impersonated a young girl on his status.

*Kanra has joined the group chat

Kanra: HEY GUYS! (-v-)

Tanaka: Oh, hey Kanra. We were just about to log off.

Kanra: Aww, without me? What were you guys talking about!! -(^-^)-

Saika: We were just talking about the local news.

Kanra: Oh really? Anything interesting to keep me up to date with???(>-<)

Bacura: I mean, we did hear news about Izaya and Shizuo.

Tanaka: Huh? What do you mean?

Kanra: Yeah, what do you mean Bacura? (o-o)

Bacura: Nothing much, just that someone today was talking to Izaya about how Izaya and Shizuo were dating. It seems that something is up. Maybe they are.