His Song

A wide hallway, lacking any sort of light seemed to be endless as quiet steps echoed through it. Locked doors lined up along both of the walls. A lengthy figure made his way down the hall, accompanied by a timid flash of light, coming from a phone. Glancing over the signs next to each door, he quietly read them.

"Practice room... Recording room...Office." All music rooms were locked at this late hour, the whole floor seemed to be completely deserted.

Minutes pass. A dim light could be seen at the very end of the hallway and the silence was no longer as strong as it was just moments ago. Instead, soft piano chords could be heard. Speeding up, the figure seemed to have finally found what he was looking for. A few more steps followed by a slow stop. The door with a blurred up glass window was the final destination.

The dim, yellow light lit up the figure, revealing a dark haired guy. His thick, gray sweatshirt was zipped up to his chin, it was quite cold on the underground level of the building.

Reaching for the doorknob, about to turn it, the male was stopped by subtle singing, coming from the other side of the thin door. Chills found their way down his back as he heard that sweet voice he'd been so in love with. Unable to interrupt the singing, he found himself standing still by the door for what would seem like ages.

"...I crave your warmth, Your endless love

This dark and lonely night.

The smallest touch will be enough,

Please, Angel, hold me tight..."

The voice from behind the door was singing unfamiliar lyrics. The dark haired guy, still frozen by the door, couldn't recognize the song.

'Is he writing something of his own?' A short thought crossed his mind as the singing abruptly stopped. Taken aback as he was pulled out of his blissful trans, the gray hoodie backed away from the door and hurried down the hallway, towards the elevator. He couldn't risk being found now, he felt as if he heard something deep and personal, a secret which wasn't ready to be revealed to the world.

Slowly, the elevator rose up from the underground level of the building, the dark haired guy stood still, lost in deep thought. He repeated the quiet lyrics to himself, his lips barely moving as he replayed the song in his mind.

"....Please, Angel, hold me tight..."

It made his heart squeeze tightly in his ribcage. The song sounded raw and unfinished which only gave it a deeper effect. Filled with this quiet type of longing and need, crave for love and warmth.

A warm tear rolled down the guy's cheek as the elevator stopped on the fourth level, making him take a rapid breath and wipe his face with the soft sleeve of his sweatshirt. He was moved by the song, not only because it was filled with an overwhelming amount of emotion but mainly because it was written and sung by the guy he'd been secretly in love with for years. His beautiful voice was filled with pain. He was completely alone, the only lit room in an endless, dark hallway.

×××

"Wonpil is still downstairs, I think he's coming up soon though." The male said, walking through the door of his apartment. He carefully stepped over a pile of shoes by the entrance, heading to the living room. Having to share an apartment with four other guys, as expected, was a sweetly chaotic life.

"We finished practicing hours ago, what is he still doing there?" A voice came from the couch. Curled up under a blanket, was the eldest member of the group, Jae.

"I dunno man. I'm going to sleep now so turn the TV down." The other waved him off, walking to his room. After moving out of their old dorm, each of the guys finally had a room of their own. As fun as sharing a room with his friends was, he was happy to be alone with himself every night.

"Dowoon, you're so grumpy today." Jae murmured with a yawn, reaching out for the remote.

"And you're extra annoying today." Dowoon fired back, disappearing behind his door.

×××

Dowoon found himself cuddled up with his pillow, drowning in silence as he stared at his curtained window. The thoughts of Wonpil and his touching song rushed through his head, making him tighten the grip on the soft object. With all his being, he wished he could give a hug to the lonely guy but he was stuck cuddling his pillow instead. Soft yet lifeless, it would never replace the feeling of being next to another human being.

Hours had passed, Dowoon felt dizzy as the darkness spun around him. He rolled onto his back, giving up hope on getting any sleep for the night. His mind was too awake, attempting to figure out a way to tell Wonpil about his feelings towards him. Confessing seemed to be the only way to solve the situation Dowoon had found himself in.

He felt as if he discovered a deeper side of his close friend and now it was his responsibility to do something about it. There had to be a reason he had accidentally let himself in on that secret. He was the only other person, besides Wonpil, who knew about the feelings that Wonpil had been fighting with for god knows how long.

He understood the song on a deep level. He himself, too, was craving affection, human warmth, he wanted to feel loved, just like Wonpil described in his song. Now, determined to help, he had to figure out a way to  confess his feelings.

Dowoon had to give Wonpil the option of being with him. He knew that chances of the singer liking him back were slim so all he was hoping for is that Wonpil would let Dowoon give him all the love and affection he needed. He simply wanted to make the guy feel loved. With the decision to do anything it would take to make Wonpil happy, the guy's thoughts trailed off, leaving his mind completely empty.