Prologue

Japan; a wonderful place to be in that had many cities and entertainment. It was one of the most packed places during summers when tourists from all around the world would come and visit the luxurious island with its packed cities and towns.

Like any other normal day, Ikebukuro was crowded with many people in the hot summer day. Since it was just the beginning of July, many people had come to the town as tourists who had nothing better to do with their money. Of course though, there was a reason why Ikebukuro was such an amazing place to visit during the summer time. The city was very well known for its many shopping mall districts and live music venues, as well as the Sunshine 60 skyscraper and observation deck. As it was well known for its entertainment, there were many people in specific who lived in Ikebukuro and did not enjoy the presence of others being there. That included the very well known "monster" of Ikebukuro, Heiwajima Shizuo himself. Being in crowded areas for him was something he was not very fond of at all, since attention was attracted to him very often. Sometimes he just couldn't control his urges, and the feeling of punching someone straight in the face was still as satisfying to him as it would ever be.

Of course, this man was blessed with something that the average man could only dream of; an almost inhuman amount of strength that passed the limit to anyone else's expectations. He also looked the part, being 6'1 in height and very intimidating to many people who were around him. Though due to his incapability of controlling his emotions when he needed to, it made it very hard for him to find a job. He got employed as a bodyguard for a debt collector though, because with his status of being feared, it made it easy to protect someone without being too violent, even when he had to be violent in some cases.

Throughout Shizuo's life, he had made many enemies due to his insane strength, some being less important than others. It was rather annoying for him to have to deal with people trying to attack him from left and right all the time, though. Shizuo just wished for his day to continue in peace so he wouldn't have to hurt anybody. Even though it seemed like he was a very violent person, Shizuo was just misunderstood. He had many friends who did understand him, and others chose to ignore that. All Shizuo wanted was to live his life as peacefully as he possibly could, and made a vow to his brother that he would stop attacking people. This was a plan that was doomed from the start, though. Even if he did want to live his life as peaceful as possibly, there were many people who would just get on his nerves and made him want to attack them to the point where he couldn't resist his urges to kill someone. It might have been cruel, yes, but in his words, they deserved it for trying to bother him in the first place. Shizuo's rules changed. If they were pestering him in the first place, he was allowed to attack them. That was how he worked his issues out from then on. Other than that, he tried to live his life in Ikebukuro as peacefully as possible.

Only one city away, Shinjuku was also being heavily populated for the summer with tourists flying in by the minutes. Shinjuku was heavily known for attracting tourist from its hotels, bars, and large restaurants, as well as Mount Hakone; a mountain that towered over the city and lead many tourist to take pictures and record it in glory. Both of the cities were extremely close to each other being only three kilometers away, and were easily accessed through each other by train. The sweltering hot summers in Japan didn't make the days any more fun if you were just a regular person who lived in both cities, though. Summers could get as hot as 95 degrees Fahrenheit (35 degrees Celsius) in Japan, which made many people complain and feel nauseous during the day times. It was a wonder of how many people still went there for the summer time, though, or how many people chose to go there for vacations or trips. Some people even thought it would be a good idea to immigrate there.

Only in a penthouse that was on the very boarder of Shinjuku and Ikebukuro was a man who was sitting in his office chair, working the day away and filling up documents and papers. Despite it being summer, not everyone gets a break every single day like vacations or beach trips. The raven haired man sighed and looked up at the clock, where he saw it was only 1:37 p.m. Of course, this specific man was self employed and could stop working whenever he so desired. He still wanted to work, though, avoiding the luxury of his own penthouse and continuing to scribble on the documents he still needed to fill out. His name was Izaya Orihara, a specific information broker who was the best at his job. Many people who needed certain information knew him for being the best information seller in all of Japan. It was very funny, Izaya thought to himself, on how people could so easily pay him hundreds of thousands of yen just to know pieces of information. He chuckled to himself and continued filling out his documents.