Truthfully, I thought the buzz over Daniel would die down after a couple of weeks, but nope, he's still at the headline of every gossip story. I generally tend to ignore said stories because I'd rather not know how or where he screwed his last girl.

"Does he have a girlfriend here?" Miss Cecelia asks, pulling me out of my mind.

I shake my head, trying not to smile, "Erm, kind of. He's dated a few, but you know, nothing serious."

Miss Cecelia scrunches her nose, and shrugs her shoulders, "He'll see it soon enough."

"See what?" I ask.

Miss Cecelia is about to reply when the bakery door open and Daniel strolls in. "Evening, Beautiful," he says, his usual smoulder in place. I roll my eyes and smile as he takes Miss Cecelia's hands and kisses the back.

"Good evening, Daniel," Miss Cecelia says, blushing as usual. Danny's been greeting her like this every time he's picked me up, and the little old lady blushes all the same every time.

"I smell fresh bread," he says as he walks around the counter and over to me.

I smile at him sweetly, sneakily moving the half eaten loaf of bread behind my back, "Nope, no bread here. Just cold soup."

Daniel lifts an eye brow and crosses his arms over his broad chest. He's still in his gym clothes today, he must have lost track of time again and not had time to change. At least the boy remembered to dry his hair this time. Way too many times over the last few weeks I've had to drag him to the back room and dried his hair for him before he caught a cold. He complains every time, but I know it's just for show. He usually complains once or twice that I'm 'mothering' him, but then shuts up and carries on reading the same recipe book he does every time.

"Really? So what's that behind your back?" he asks, walking towards me.

I hold my hand out, pressing it against his chest to stop him from coming closer, "Its, erm," I look around, trying to find something to say. Before I can come up with anything that can make sense Daniels arm is around my shoulders, crushing my body to his cool one. His scent envelopes me; a cocktail of his usual musky mint and fresh sweat. He grabs the bread from my hand and holds it above my head.

"You're such a bad liar," he says, kissing my temple. I bend my head a little to the side, briefly leaning into the kiss.

Then, I rapidly stand on the bars of the stool I had been sitting on, trying to reach the bread, but the damn boy is so damn fast, not to mention tall.

"Let me go, you smell," I moan, still reaching for the bread.

"You love the way I smell," he says smugly.

I do, "No I don't!"

"Again, bad liar," he says.

I'm about to elbow him when Miss Cecelia's voice pipes up, "Do I have to teach you kids not to play with your food."

Daniel grins at her, but I just huff in frustration, still struggling to get out of his iron grip. "No, Miss Cecelia, I was just about to eat."

All of a sudden I'm lifted off the stool- still attached to Danny's chest- and he takes my place. He manoeuvres me so that I'm sitting sideways on his lap. "Pass the soup," he says casually.

"Could have gotten your own seat you know," I say, reaching over and pulling the soup closer to us.

"Yeah, but your seat is warmer," he explains as he starts to rip the loaf of bread into strips like I had been doing before. His arms are around me, caging me in.