Chapter 4: A Little More Conversation

Tuesday~

Aizawa stood with his hands held behind his back, eyes half closed.

"So far, we have been working on the responses of your targets. This lesson, we shall be switching this around. Usually you would address your target or ask them a question to provoke a response. The problem here is that your target may figure out what you are tying to do and will simply refrain from replying. Of course, if they pull a distinct expression, we now know that you will be able to control them. But if they don't. And they're a villain. Then you're dead. So- we need to figure out how to trick the target into thinking you haven't said or done anything that will trigger your Quirk. We will also work on deception to provoke a response from the target."

He waited for an understanding nod from the two students before continuing.

"First, let's see if you are able to control someone if they talk to you without you saying anything. If it doesn't work then I want to see if you pulling an expression will work; like we tried in the first task but vice versa. Midoriya, you can just simply greet Shinso."

Izuku nodded at Eraserhead. He turned to his classmate and said sweetly, "Hi, Shinso."

Hitoshi pressed his lips into a thin line as he concentrated, trying to activate his Quirk.

He let out a sigh and relaxed, "Nope."

Aizawa instructed, "Okay, try again but this time smile at Midoriya before he greets you."

Hitoshi gave Izuku a smile and in response, the freckled boy said, "Hi, Sh-"

Shinso felt his Quirk take effect on Midoriya.

His own mouth dropped slightly, mimicking Izuku's current expression, in fact. "It worked! But- I've never been able to do that before."

"The training we did last week must have helped a great deal. The more you work at it, the stronger your Quirk will become," Aizawa said. "Now, let's improve on that further. This time, I want you both to simply smile at each other."

It only took three attempts for this to work.

After smiling, they tried again with waving, nodding and various distinct expressions until it worked every time. They had to stop when Shinso's headache got so bad that he couldn't concentrate.

Eraserhead stood up from the bench he'd been sitting on and walked over to his bag, picking it up as he said, "I think we've reached our limit with that exercise, so we shall move onto using the Artificial Vocal Cords. We can give your mind a break and only work on voice impressions instead of using your Quirk."

A hint of excitement flashed across Shinso's eyes at that. He loved using the Artificial Vocal Cords.

"You've already had some practise using them before, so we'll just be enhancing your abilities," Aizawa spoke as he took out the vocal chords from his bag and handed it to his son. "Try imitating a few of your classmates; see if we can recognise them."

Shinso put the Artificial Vocal Cords on and adjusted a few settings. Once he was done, he dithered for a moment before before speaking in a more high-pitched and bubbly voice, "Hey there, can you guess who I am?"

Izuku laughed, "That's me!"

"Midoriya," Aizawa agreed plainly.

"Correct," Shinso smiled.

He pressed a few buttons and turned the pitch a little higher before speaking in an excitable feminine voice, "I like, soo gotta show you my dance moves. They are totally awesome!"

"That sounds like Mina!" Izuku claimed instantly.

Hitoshi nodded.

"Do Kacchan!"

Shinso turned a switch to lower the pitch then spoke in aggressive voice that unmistakably matched Bakugo's, "Shut up, ya damn nerd!"

Midoriya covered his mouth with his hand as he giggled at the perfect impersonation.

Aizawa smirked briefly.

Shinso continued to imitate his classmates' voices, Midoriya and Aizawa successfully guessing who it was. They helped him refine a few voices so that they were closer to the actual person's voice until he had just about mastered each one and could now barely talk with his newfound sore throat.

Aizawa glanced at the clock. "Good job; you've worked hard today. We're finishing slightly earlier because I was thinking we could get some ice cream to help cool your throat."

Hitoshi grinned slightly and croaked out, "See, you can be a big softie when you want to."

Eraserhead pressed his lips together then turned to Midoriya, "You can come too if you would like, Problem Child."

Izuku's eyes sparkled, "Yes, please!"

The teacher and his two students went to buy ice creams from a local store, Aizawa kindly treating the boys.

Author's note~
Sorry for the kinda boring chapter. I was thinking about getting rid of it entirely but the development is pretty important for something a little later on ;) Soo, I decided that I shall be posting two chapters today. Hope you enjoyyyy