"Hanya.. You're not fine we know.. Tell us everything. " They said sitting beside me.

"What.. What are you saying. " I tried to hide things.

"Will you not tell your sisters? "

I became thoughtful for a while and finally broke down into tears.

"What happened? Hanya stop crying.. Tell us everything. " They tried to console.

I told them everything about Ufair.. The proposal.. The misunderstanding.. The insult.. Everything.

"Never cry for a guy. " Ashiya said wiping my tears.

"I'm feeling like punching that lady into the face. " Ruba clenched her fists in anger.

"We're not doing anything like that. " Ashiya rolled her eyes at Ruba.

" Forget him Hanya.. He's not the only guy left on this earth... You'll get someone better.. Okay? "

"Yes of course you will. " Ruba agreed.

I wiped my tears . I was feeling better now. I smiled at them.

"Now that's our sister. " Ruba said.

"Thanks." I hugged them.
______________________________________

Months passed. I tried my best to forget Ufair but it was impossible for me to do so. I had lost all hope that I was going to hear from him ever again.

One day while I was in the middle of a lecture at college, my phone beeped. When I checked the phone I was completely surprised to see Ufair's message.

"I want to talk to you. " It read.

Somewhere my heart was happy to finally hear from him after such a long time.

"Central town park..at 3 p.m." Another message read.

I didn't reply. I was in a dilemma whether I should really see him again. Everyone wanted me to forget him..but the truth was I still had feelings for him.

After my classes were over I went straight to the central town park. I looked around for him but I couldn't find him. I decided to wait for him.
The park was quite empty at the hour. Cool breeze blew once in a while carrying away the dried fallen leaves from the ground. The trees seemed to be dancing with the wind.

I was still waiting.. As I leisurely turned around I saw him. He was there... Leaning against  a tree... With hands folded near his chest.. Staring straight towards me.

I walked upto the tree.

"They're planning for my wedding... With Sana? " He said as if wanting an explanation from me.

"Ufair I.. " I tried to explain.

"Is it a Yes or No? " He interrupted.

"Hunh? " I was surprised at his sudden question.

"You left a note in my drawer.. Remember? "

"Yes I did. " I accepted.

" So what did you think? "

I kept quiet.

"Yes or No?"

I was still thinking.

"Come on.. We don't have whole day. " He said looking at his watch.

"It's... It's a Yes. " I said.

"What?" He said pretending as if he didn't hear me.

"Yes.. I love you and I want to marry you. " I finally confessed my feelings before him.

"We'll sort this out." He clutched my hand and started walking.. and my steps involuntarily followed his.

Reaching his house he rang the door bell.

Sana's khala opened the door. She was surprised at seeing me.

Ufair led me inside the house.

"Where's Ammi? " He asked Sana's khala.

"I'll call her. " She went inside.

"What are you upto Ufair?" I asked nervously.

Soon Ufair's Mom came out of her room.

"What happened Ufair? " She was saying when she stopped in her way.

"You? " She said seeing me.

"Ammi.. This is the girl I want to Marry..." Ufair said pointing towards me.

"What? " Ufair's Mom was shocked.

"But..What about Sana? " She said.

"It was a misunderstanding." Ufair explained his mom everything.

"I always wished that my son should marry the girl of my choice. " Ufair's mom seemed disappointed with him.

His mother's face expression seemed as if she wanted to say some angry words to me but She took a deep breath instead.

"Ufair..Please Understand..She's not a good match for you my son. "

"But what's the problem? " Ufair said.

"Ufair.. Please don't fight with your Mother. " I stopped him.

"Don't try to gain my sympathy... Girl." Ufair's Mom accused.

"I'm not.. " I said in a low tone shocked at her accusation.

"Ammi.. " Ufair was about to say something.

"A girl who cannot take care of a ring... Will take care of my son? " She taunted.

My face went red with embarrassment.

"This is not gonna happen. Never.That's final. " She concluded and went away. Sana's khala went behind her.

Silence prevailed. As if a storm had just passed by.
Ufair and Me gave each other a disappointed look. Nobody spoke.

"Hanya.. I'm sorry about all this. " Ufair apologized.

"Now what."

"I'll convince her soon.. I promise..then we'll convince your parents too." He said holding my hand.

"When? Next week? month? Next year?Are you sure you're even gonna marry me? Can't even contact you while you're away. " I complained.

"Don't talk like this Hanya...I'm sorry about that...Such is my duty.."

"It's okay.. I must leave now. " I waved him a goodbye and left the place.

______________________________________

        Vote❤Comment❤Share