The Invitation

Chapter thirteen: The Invitation

(Ace's POV)

Everyone celebrated the victory over Eggman till late, I didn't see the point of it, we still have to collect the rest of the emeralds and stop Dark Flame. "What's the matter?" Amy asked, I put on a fake smile and said, "I'm fine, nothing to worry about." I didn't want her to worry. "You are terrible at lying to me." She said, the smile faded from my face, "It doesn't seem right celebrating, we still have to stop Dark Flame." I said. "That's why we had to celebrate, we can't worry about what's going to happen all time." She said. Couldn't argue with that, she hugged me tightly then went up the stairs, "Good night." She said. "Good night." I said to her as she walked up the stairs, its impossible to make her worry, then I heard a noise from outside. I walked outside and saw the person I wanted least to see here, "Leave now Dark Flame, or I will kill you." I said. "Temper, temper, I mean no harm, for now, I'm only giving you an invitation, tomorrow at midnight, I challenge you to a fight. One on one, I will bet my two emeralds and you can bet yours, the winner gets takes it all. And if you show up with others I'll go straight for the one who matters most." He said and disappeared into the darkness.

"I don't think staring at your food will make it disappear." Amy said, I was lost in thought about what to do. "Are you alright, and don't try hiding it." Amy said, "Sorry, lost in thought." I said, I was hoping that she wouldn't ask if I was alright. "Ace don't try to hide what your thinking about if it worries you, I want to help." She said, I forgot how kind she was. "Alright, Dark Flame challenged me to a fight, one on one for the emeralds." I said, everyone looked at me with shocked expressions. "You can't, he is too strong." Amy said, "I have to, if he gets more emeralds he will get even stronger." I said. "Then we will come too, he can't beat all of us." Sonic said, "We can't, Dark Flame threatened to go after Amy if more than one person showed up." I said. I could tell that Amy didn't want me to fight, "Ace... Alright just be careful." Amy said, I smiled at her and said. "I promise I will come back."

It was finally time, midnight, everyone stayed up until I left, I began running to where Dark Flame said he was, after a few minutes I arrived, "So you did come." Someone said, from in front of me. I couldn't tell who it was, the street lamps were out, but I had an idea of who it was, "There, I came alone." I said. I produced a small flame which made the image clear, I saw Dark Flame standing there with a twisted smile. "Why don't you just give up, I can't be beat." Dark Flame said, "I will keep fighting, you took everything from me and now I won't lt you do it again." I said. "Nice speech, doesn't change the fact I will kill you." He said, then shot a ball of black fire at me, I ran at it then jumped over a kicked him across the face. He staggered backwards a bit then continued shooting balls of fire, I lit my fists on fire and stopped each of them with my hands. "You'll have to do better than that." I said, "Looks like I will have to stop holding back." Dark Flame said, then a Emerald of Shadows started circling him. He became covered in a dark aura, the next thing I knew I was forced to the ground, Dark Flame was holding my head to the ground. He began smashing it against the concrete, I could taste blood in my mouth and could see blood on the ground. He then threw me aside, "Not bad." I said, then my two Chaos Emeralds started circling me. "Time for round two." I said.

"Looks like I'm winning" I said throwing a large ball of fire at Dark Flame, he fell to the ground and screamed in pain. An Emerald of Shadow and Chaos Emerald fell to the ground next to where he was lying, "This has been fun, but I have to go." Dark Flame said and ran away. I walked over to the emeralds and picked them up, then I shouted, "Chaos control." But something was wrong, I felt my body go cold and I couldn't see a thing. My head was aching and the next thing I knew I was unconious.

(Amy's POV)

Everyone was standing close to the door after Ace left, we had been waiting to see what would happen. Ace had been gone for almost an hour and I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. Then there was a loud bump from behind us, we all turned around to see Ace, but something was wrong. He was surrounded by a dark aura and was shaking uncontrolably, I ran to his side but was forced back by the dark aura. Ace stopped shaking, but was still surrounded covered in that dark energy, it slowly began fading but something was still wrong. His quills had turned a darker red and his eyes were jet black, "Ace are you alright?" I asked slowly walking towards him. Then I was thrown to the ground with, Ace was staring at me with those soulless black eyes, that wasn't Ace.

~~~~~~~~~

Woah! What happened to Ace has Dark Flame possessed him or is it something else, you'll just have to find out in the next update. Later.