The Inner Anger

Chapter two: The Inner Anger

It was late in the afternoon and Ace and Skates were doing the same thing they have been doing for three days, they have been looking for friends of Amy's, and failing at it. "How hard is it to find a blue hedgehog, a orange two tailed fox, a light brown rabbit, a black and red hedgehog, a red echidna, a light orangish pink echidna, a white bat, a lavender cat, or a grey hedgehog." Skates said into a wrist communicator while he skated down the street by shooting flame from the bottom of his feet. "Yeah that sounds really easy." Ace said sarcastically as he ran down the sidewalk, he was determined to keep the promise he made to Amy. Ace skidded to a stop as he heard shouting, he strained his ears to hear the sound, "Help!" someone shouted from the distance, Ace quickly ran in the direction of the voice, as he ran the voice got gradually louder, he could tell that it was a girl's voice. Soon he saw wear the voice was coming from Dark Flame was attacking again, this time he was attacking a small light brown rabbit, she had light blue jacket with smoke stains, a yellow dress under the jacket, brown boots with a light blue stripe and had burns on her legs and face, Ace could tell that she was a few years younger then him. Dark Flame was holding her by her neck and saying, "Give me the emerald." Ace jumped at Dark Flame and kick him across the face making him drop the rabbit, Ace ran and caught her. He then healed her burns then let her down, two chaos were circling her, one was a bright blue with a yellow sphere floating above it, the other was brown with a similar sphere above it of the same colour. "Picking on a little kid, that's low, even by your standards." Ace said as he glared at Dark Flame. "Oh its you again, so how are your friends?" Dark Flame asked with a twisted smile, Ace clenched his first and shot a beam of flames at Dark Flame, he didn't have enough time to react before the blast hit him. Smoke filled the air making it impossible for Dark Flame to see, Ace saw an opportunity and grabbed the rabbit and used Chaos Control.

They reappeared in front of the hospital that Amy was staying at. "Thank you mister." The rabbit said to Ace. "No problem." Ace said, then he noticed that the rabbit was similar to the one Amy described. "Are you friends with Amy Rose?" Ace asked the rabbit. "Yes, do you know where she is?" The rabbit asked. "Yeah, she is in this hospital." Ace said, the rabbit's eyes, then she ran inside. "Skates, I found one of Amy's friends and I'm back at the hospital." Ace said into his communicator. "Ok I'm on my way." Skates said. Ace then followed the rabbit into the hospital, as he walked in something bumped into him, Ace looked down to find the rabbit he had just saved sitting on the ground rubbing her head. "Sorry, but do you know which room Amy is in?" The rabbit asked. "Yeah, follow me." Ace said, they began walking down the, all the doors were closed, until they found a room with the door open. "Here it is." Ace said as he gestured to the room with the door open. The rabbit rushed in and shouted, "Amy!" Amy looked over at the rabbit and smiled. "Cream." she said witha very happy tone, Cream ran over and hugged her. Amy returned the hug with the arm that wasn't in the cast. Cream stopped after about ten seconds and then asked, "What happened?" Amy looked over at Ace and then back to Cream. "I was attacked, by an evil hedgehog called Dark Flame." Cream's expression became worried. "It was the same one that attacked you Cream." Ace said, then continued. "Is there anyway you can contact your other friends?" Ace asked, Ace's expression was serious, more serious than he had been in a while. "Yeah, I have a communicator." Cream said. "Guys I found Amy, she is at the hospital south of the house, in room 256." Cream said into her wrist communicator. After that people continued to come to the hospital room. All of the people Amy described were there as well as Skates, both Ace and Skates were introduced to all of them. The blue hedgehog; Sonic, the black and red hedgehog; Shadow, the grey hedgehog; Silver, the red echidna; Knuckles, the orangish pink echidna; Shade, the lavender cat; Blaze, the white bat; Rouge and the orange two tailed fox; Tails, they were all around Ace's age except for Tails who was the same age as Cream and Rouge who was a little bit older. "Ok since everyone is here I can explain the situation. The reason Amy is here is because she was attacked, by a hedgehog known as Dark Flame. Dark Flame was after her Chaos Emerald, and he got it. If we don't stop him from getting the other ones, he will destroy the world." Ace said. "So all we have to do is find the Chaos Emeralds before Dark Flame, that doesn't sound too hard." Sonic said and ran outside.

It had been a week since Ace had started looking for the Chaos Emeralds along with Amy's friends. Everyone was having no success, they had not seen Dark Flame either, but Ace knew that he shouldn't let his guard down. He had battled Dark Flame enough times to know what he was planning. Ace was standing in the middle of a field waiting for what he was expecting to happen, then a voice came from behind him, "Look who it is." Ace turned around to find the one he hated more than ever standing in front of him. "Still mad at me are you?" Dark Flame asked while smiling. Ace did not wait for Dark Flame to do anything else, his fists were set on fire and he began punching Dark Flame. Each blow was hitting him and causing excruciating pain, Ace was no filled with rage at him, he was fighting ruthlessly, until a voice started repeating itself inside Ace's head. He recognized the voice, it was Amy's, "If you continue then you are no better than he is." Ace stooped punching Dark Flame, and said to him as he lay on the ground. "Hurt her again and I promise I won't hold back." Ace said as he ran away, he stopped once he had gotten close to the hospital Amy was staying at and began thinking, "What happened to me, I never used to lose my temper, maybe I should talk to someone about it." He took his Chaos Emerald out and said, "Chaos control." He had planned to head to Skates', but for some reason he ended up at the hospital he had been to many times before, the hospital Amy was staying at. He decided to see if Skates was there, so he headed to Amy's room, he found Amy sitting by herself, looking out the window, she turned to Ace and she began smiling, "Ace I was hoping you'd visit me at one point." Amy said, Ace noticed that the cast on her arm and one on her leg were gone he walked over sat on a chair beside her. "Its good to see that you got two of your casts off," Ace said. "Yeah, they said I will be out Christmas eve." Amy said, then continued, "Its been really lonely, everyone has been searching for the emeralds, I don't get that many visitors and I'm guessing that your here for a important reason." Amy said, Ace looked up for a while and then looked back at Amy and said, "Your right, before I came here I fought Dark Flame, and I fought ruthlessly." Ace stopped for a moment then continued, "I nearly killed him, but I stopped when I heard a voice in my head, it was your voice." Ace said then looked down, not wanting to see Amy worry, then he felt something touch his hand, he looked over to see Amy staring at him, her emerald green eyes showed that she was worried, but she was smiling, "I don't think that makes you a bad person, you have seen a lot of people get hurt and you don't want to see me hurt as well." Amy finished, Ace looked over at her and pulled her into a hug, they stayed like that for a while and once they stopped both their cheeks were faintly red.

For the next days before Amy was let out of the hospital she was visited by Ace, everyday for most of the day they talked about their past; Ace told her about his friends that he fought along side to defeat Dark Flame and Amy told him about her battles against Dr. Eggman with all of her friends. They talked everyday until early morning Christmas eve. Amy woke up to find a red hedgehog waiting in a chair beside her, Ace looked over at her and said, "Merry Christmas." Later on that day the doctors took off Amy's last cast, she began stretching, her muscles felt really tight, she had not gotten up for two weeks, "Its good to see you out of the casts." Ace said as he and Amy walked out of the hospital, once they had gotten out of the hospital they saw Blaze and Cream waiting for Amy, "Amy!" Cream shouted as she hugged Amy, Blaze walked over and hugged Amy as well, "Its good to see you without the casts Amy, c'mon everyone has been preparing the Christmas party. You and Skates are invited as well Ace." Blaze said. "Ok I'll let Skates know," Ace said,they all began walking south until they reached a large mansion, Ace looked at it for a moment before asking, "This is where you live?" Ace was awe struck, it was the biggest house he had ever seen, "Skates, its not a house, its a giant mansion." Ace said into his wrist communicator. Ace, Amy, Blaze and Cream, walked in and found the hallways filled with fake snow, there were also a large Christmas tree that was being decorated by two echidnas. "Amy, welcome back." Shade said, Knuckles looked over and waved. Ace began looking around, he was amazed that they had decorated the entire house, "Its pretty amazing isn't it?" Amy said to Ace, "Do you and your friends all live in this one house?" Ace asked still looking around, it was amazing. Amy walked into the kitchen and said hello to Tails, Silver and Rouge who were making dinner and began helping the, it seemed everyone had a job, Sonic was putting up the lights, Cream and Blaze were finishing decorating the inside and Shadow was getting drinks. Ace followed Amy into the kitchen and volunteered to help with dinner, he knew a few things about cooking and he enjoyed chatting with Amy, but he kept thinking about his battle with Dark Flame days ago, he had never acted like that before and he couldn't figure out why.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well hope you enjoyed chapter 2 and to those who read my other story I am still working on the update. Anyway later.