The Taste of a Demon

Ciel's POV

        Before I could insist on my command, I saw Sebstian sway a bit. My butler then surprised me. He looked up at me, and simply replied, "Yes, my lord." He unsteadily left the room, and I trailed behind him. I could see he was unwell, but my previous experience told me that there was nothing I could to help my butler. The toxin that had left my body and entered his had no cure, and, for demons such as him and myself, had no treatment. I could only hope that he was stronger than I had been, and could withstand the poison running its course....

        He made his way to the kitchen, and while he managed to walk straight, he lacked his usual grace and poise. I left him to cook, and, though I felt a pang of guilt, I sat in the dining room next to the kitchen as he worked. I tried to shake away my guilt. He was doing his job, and nothing more. Besides, I was already allowing him extra privileges. Although, I wished for something different....

        I blushed, pushing the thought away. That really was going too far. I shooed away the thoughts. Even if he returned the feelings, which he didn't and never would, I could never allow myself to partake in such activities. My blush deepened, however, as I recalled the ceremony. The details, of course, were fuzzy, and the memory was blurred, but who could forget that kiss? I felt my ears heat up, they were certainly a deep red by now. How I longed to have him kiss me again. I could still feel his pale lips against my own. I shut my eyes, and let the memory engulf me for a moment.....

        A clatter roused me from the sweet memory. I stood quickly as I heard a muffled cry from the kitchen. I hastily made my way into the kitchen, and knelt at Sebastian's side. I had never seen my butler cry, but as I stared at his crumpled form now, I saw black tears trail across his ivory skin. Pain was etched into his flawless features, and I furrowed my brow. I had never known Sebastian to feel any measure of pain before now, and the intensity of his agony worried me. The poison was surely shredding him from the inside, as it had don to me...

        He moaned, and crimson gaze met azure eyes. I put my hand to his pale face, and he brought up his gloved hand, placing it over mine. His eyes closed once again, and he seemed peaceful for a moment. An odd urge overwhelmed me, and though I knew he was ill, I leaned in and kissed him. I didn't care if I would be met with unmoving lips, or poor reactions- I had to taste him again. I needed more of his intoxicating taste.

        Imagine my surprise, then, when he kissed back. His reaction was somewhat delayed, but before I could pull away, I felt a gloved hand at the back of my head. He ran a hand through my hair, and kissed back with overwhelming passion. When I paused for breath, I opened my eyes to see him staring back at me, his crimson irises glowing. I felt some strength return to his body, and he pushed me back against the marble floor. He had me pinned, and I could sense he had no intentions of letting me go. It was then I realized he was going to go further, possibly further than either of us were truly ready for. But it was far too late to turn back....