Werewolf Fairytale [2]

TWO

-Destrey--

      I was shoving through all the sweaty, stinking bodies all around me. I didn't need to be polite right now. I was aiming straight for the back door; trying to get the hell out of here.

      It was my first day here, and I was ditching this place right after first period. I had a perfectly good reason. I had to get out of here... unless I wanted to die-painfully.

      Someone shoved into me, and I went flying towards the wall. I quickly pushed back off, and ran faster. There had to be about a million kids here. I should disappear quickly.

      But with my incredible hearing, I heard his footsteps. They were clicking on the tile instead of all the squeaking and shuffling of all the other carless kids roaming around to their locker.

      And the pair of clicking feet weren't human. They sounded nothing like they were supposed to.

      The stupid kid knew what I was, and he was after me. Why did I have to move here? Why couldn't I have just stayed at Arashia when I could? And why was I being hunted everywhere I went?

      A girl accidently bumped into me, and her textbooks flew out of her hands. With inhuman speed, I gathered them up, and thrust them into her startled hands. I ran around her.

      Then, I heard the clicking grow louder. Out of nowhere, my ears started tingling. Something was pulling my hair back a little, and I clamped my hands over my ears.

      This was never going to work. People were already staring at the new kid. Now they were watching the new kid act weird. How could his ears be cold?

      I ducked towards the first door I saw, straight to my left. It had to be a bathroom, but the sign was so severely tagged I couldn't tell if it was a guys or girls bathroom.

      I was shoved into the door anyway, and was thrown in by the crowd. Right when I was in, I dropped my hands from my inhuman ears, and ran towards the stall farthest from the door, but not at the end. It would be too obvious.

      When I opened the door quickly and locked it with fumbling fingers, I jumped onto the toilet seat to hide my sneakers.

      The door opened, and the clicking suddenly stopped. I was so nervous that I started chewing on my lip. But that was a huge mistake. Something pierced my lip, and blood flowed down my mouth.

      I cursed inside my head, and felt my teeth start growing, sharper than knives. I knew that the twerp was exactly what I thought he had been.

      He was dangerous, and deadly. What in Janer's name was he here? Why wasn't he in Arashia? But then I remembered; not all of us were in Arashia. Some were stragglers.

      There was an inhuman growl, and I automatically pressed my hands flat against the side of my jean legs. What was I going to do? I couldn't fight him off!

      My whole head was changing shape, and my nose was pressing down. If he were to open the door-

      Suddenly, I heard a loud bang. I winced, and knew what he was doing. He was kicking all the stalls open until he found me.

      "Come on out, troll." He snarled. I shrunk against the wall. He was close enough.

      My heart was so loud, I bet he could hear it. I shouldn't be this afraid, but I had an excuse. But this time, I was going to fight him. I had to, in order to get revenge.