Chapter 23- Restless Night

Comincia dall'inizio

He started the engine and she crashed her head on the seat feeling a huge relief come to her body. A loud sigh escaped from her mouth making Luke look at her anxiously.''Seriously, Ally what happened?"

''It's complicated. Forget it.'' Ignoring his question she closed her eyes and rewinded the whole thing she had just experienced.

''You said you'll tell me.'' He suddenly yelled at her; his anger becoming quite noticeable. She could see he was getting frustrated because of his unanswered questions.

But he was met by dead silence again. ''Did something happened at home?" He guessed.

''No.''

''Did Cameron said something to you?'' He tried again.

''Wh- Why would he do that." She said focussing on the cars that passed by.

''Then what is it?'' She didn't answer him again and she saw as he decreased the speed of the car and pulled off the road. The car suddenly came to a halt as he pressed the brakes and said,''If you're not telling me I'm not going anywhere."

''Oh come on, Luke." She said throwing her hands in the air.

''I'm not going to tell anyone okay? You look terrible Ally what happened?" He said sincerely. She thought for a moment and finally gave in.

''Can you not look at me when I say this?" She asked. It would be really difficult for her to tell if he kept staring at her. He nodded and she explained the whole thing. From how Rebecca had warned her to stay away from Jake and when she didn't listen she made some unknown boys threaten her.

Luke looked at Ally completely in shock. He didn't speak for awhile; he was simply staring at her.''Oh god. They tried to harrass you." He finally said still not able to believe what had happened to his friend.

''Are you sure you're alright?" He asked one more time.

''I'm fine." She said with a sarcastic smile.

''What are you going to do now?"

''I really don't know. I think I should tell Jake about this..." She trailed off in thought. She didn't know if that was the right thing to do. Jake's reaction was important to her. She didn't want to lose their friendship.

''Are you shitting me right now? You should complain about Rebecca and those creeps."

''And what? Let my parents know about this? They'll kick me out.'' She argued. Considering her mother's pessimism she would probably never allow her to go out and prohibit any kind of interaction with the opposite gender.

''Well, you gotta do something.... I never knew Rebecca would go this low to get back at you." He replied unsurely. Rebecca maybe the most powerful girl in school but she had never done anything to physically hurt people. That is why her current actions were hard to believe even for Ally.

There was silence as they were both in deep thought. ''Please. Do not tell anyone about this." She said requesting him. He didn't seem to agree.

''But why? Everyone should know what that bitch did to you."

"I don't want that kind of attention." She explained. She didn't want to worry her friends with her personal issues. Especially when she did not know how to deal with them.

"Promise that you won't tell anybody?"

''Uh.... Fine. I won't. But if anything happens again I'm telling them." He started the car and started driving towards her house.

When they reached she turned to him and said honestly, ''Thank you and sorry for keeping you away from Haley." She said with a frown on her face.

''You're welcome. And she's upset with me anyways... So yeah..." He said looking at nothing in particular.