13│AND THE WINNER IS

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

SCOREBOARD
PERALTA        ZAPATA
83                     83

Today was the day of Charles Boyle's Medal of Valor ceremony and the 99 were sitting in the front row as they awaited their friend's special moment. Natasha, who was sitting between Rosa and Jake, was trying her hardest not to dropkick him across the room because of his incessant rambling. He spent most of the ceremony whispering dumb —and sometimes funny, she had to admit— comments in her ear as they waited for Charles to receive his award. However, his comments had recently taken a turn towards their bet which was coming to an end very soon.

"Heroism can't be measured by a piece of metal. But what else can we do to recognize the brave officers that have put their lives on the line? It is my great honor to present the medal of valor to Detective Charles Boyle," Chief Officer Gerber paused as everyone clapped, "And sergeant peanut butter."

"Oh, my God," Jake bit his lip to keep from bursting out laughing, "Charles is getting the same medal as a horse."

"At least Boyle was announced first," Raymond tried to make light of the situation as Charles glared at the horse.

"Because the horse outranks him," Jake scoffed with a giddy smile, "This is amazing."

"That's enough, Peralta," Raymond glared at him, "This is a huge honor, and nothing can take that away from him."

Jake ignored him. "The horse is pooping on the stage. Sergeant peanut butter is pooping on the stage."

Natasha glared at him before she elbowed him harshly, she smirked at the yelp of pain he let out. "Stop ruining this for Boyle."

"I'm not doing anything," He tried to defend himself before he smiled goofily, "It's the horse that outranks Charles that's doing everything."

"You're an idiot Peralta," Natasha sighed.

"An idiot you're going to be going on a date with very soon," He smirked confidently.

"Only in your dreams," She snarked before she locked her ankle with his and sent him tumbling out of his seat. She gave him a mock look of concern as she played innocent.

"Peralta," Terry gave him a pointed look, "Get up, man! You're embarrassing us."

"Yeah, you really need to work on your balance, Humpty Dumpty," Natasha agreed with a smirk.

Jake pursed his lips as he brushed himself off before sitting back in his seat, trying to pretend he hadn't just fallen. He turned to Natasha with a defeated look, "You're good."

"I know."

Jake really couldn't wait for their date now.