8│OLD SCHOOL RIGHT HOOK

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

SCOREBOARD
PERALTA      ZAPATA
71                 73

"Careful!" Amy winced when Jake almost drove the robot into his desk.

"You only get one shot at this, Peralta," Rosa reminded him.

"Don't screw it up Jake, I'm thinking of putting a transfer in because of the stink," Natasha grimaced.

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. I saw the first 15 minutes of The Hurt Locker," Jake promised confidently.

"Hurry! The stench is too much," Amy whined and pushed his shoulder, "We gotta get those shoes outta here."

"How much time do we have?" Rosa asked as they watched Scully shuffle in his chair.

"Scully ate his pot pie 30 minutes ago, so we probably got 10 minutes left on this nap. 12 if he's turkey tired," Jake explained as he maneuvered the robot towards Scully's shoes.

"All right, come to papa," Jake smiled until Scully stretched his leg out onto the robot, "It's trapped. Abort mission."

"I have an idea," Charles told them with a confident smile.

With that, they were helping Charles into one of the NYPD bomb suits and handing him a grabber claw. The team cheered silently as Charles managed to get Scully's shoes but quickly stopped to cover their noses. The stench only got stronger when they were being waved around in the air.

Everyone rushed outside to where Natasha had rigged a time bomb for the shoes. Charles set them right on top of the bomb and waddled to the team, who were crouched behind concrete Jersey barriers.

"Let's send these shoes to hell," Jake said as he held up the detonator. He handed it to Natasha and smiled when her face lit up as she pressed the button.

Everyone was coughing and covering their noses immediately after the explosion went off.

"Oh, wait," He grimaced, "Yeah, just smells worse than before. Ugh! Abort!"

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Natasha lifted her sunglasses onto the top of her head as she walked into the precinct. She smiled when Charles rushed over to her and handed her a coffee cup. "Thanks, Charles."

"No problem coffee buddy!" Charles grinned at her as Amy and Rosa joined them.

"Is that Peralta?" Natasha squinted as they got out of the elevator. She couldn't believe that he'd gotten here early — earlier than everyone in fact.

"Whoa!" Amy's eyes widened as they came to a stop by his desk, "Why are you here before me? Am I asleep? Is this a dream?"

"I am early because Jimmy Brogan is here today," Jake explained and pointed to Captain Holt's office excitedly.