Prologue

"Look!!! Ace! Over here! Look! Look!!!"

The 18-year old female looked over at the blond child waving his hands frantically. A gentle smile overcame her face as the child's excited grin widened.

The woman walked up to the boy, smiling down at him. "Well, hello there. And who might you be?" Her voice came out smoothly, just like a melody. The little boy blushed.

"I-I'm Sting! Sting Eucliffe!"

"And how old are you, Sting?" She tilted her head, crouching down to his level.

"I'm 12!"

"12? I thought you were 40?" The woman feigned shock.

Sting giggled shaking his head. "W-Will you be..." the boy paused, blush overcoming his face, "Will you be my girlfriend?!" He voiced a little louder than he expected, blushing furiously.

The woman stood there, seemingly shocked. She wasn't, however. She's handled this situation many, many times. The same gentle smile returned as she put her hand on his head. "Sorry little dude, I'm a bit too old for you."

Sting stood, face sinking into disappointment which didn't go unnoticed by the woman.

It was fine though. She had handled the situation before, expecting this outcome.

"Sting, right? Tell me, what are your dreams?"

"W-Well... t-to be with you!" The woman chuckled "A-And... to beat Natsu! Natsu Dragneel!"

"Natsu, hm? He's a good friend of mine." She tapped her chin, "but I bet with the right amount of strength and ambition, you could do it," she gave the boy a smile.

"Before you go, can we take a picture, and you sign it?" The little boy held up a Polaroid camera.

"Of course!"
The woman put her arm around the boy's shoulders, holding up a peace sign and smiling at the camera.

The picture was taken, and the woman signed it.

"It was great meeting you, Sting."

"Thank you so much, (F/n)!"

Sadness.

So many tears.

All for a girl he barely knew...

BREAKING NEWS

Fairy Tail's Tenroujima team, including the Wizard Saint (F/n) Fernandes, has perished from an attack. Some say it was a dragon, but nothing has been confirmed.

Why did you have to be there?

You weren't even a Fairy Tail member...

So why?
——————————
The blond furrowed his eyebrows at the triggered memory. He stared down at the newspaper, and he had to keep his composure. He had to keep his excitement down in front of his black-haired comrade. (F/n) Fernandes and Natsu Dragneel were alive. His long-time crush and his idol. They were alive.

"Sure takes you back, doesn't it?" Sting spoke up. "Last time we saw them, you came up to here on Gajeel," he hovered his hand up at the height a small child would be at. Rogue stayed silent. "Heh, you were a pretty big fan of his back then. I didn't care for him much. He was scary-"

"Stop bringing up the past, Sting. We chose a different path than them."

He was right. They chose Fairy Tail, now the weakest guild in Fiore. They were nothing compared to the "Twin Dragons of Sabertooth."

"There you are!"

Both dragon slayers looked up at the pursuer.

"Take this!" The man shot a white arrow at Rogue's head, who in turn kept a calm demeanor. Much to the surprise of the enemy, the blond caught the arrow, and started eating it. It was then that he realized who he was dealing with.

The white dragon slayer sent a Dragon's Roar at the pursuer's head. "Damn it. I missed. His head is still there."

The man ran off in fear. "Hold up! Are you just gonna ditch your pals?! That's harsh, man," Sting mocked with a smirk, watching in satisfaction as he ran off.

"Jeez, Sting. You don't know when to hold back, so ya?"

"Oh hey, it's Lector and Frosch. I was wondering where you guys went."

"Oh, y'know. Just doing some recon stuff. We thought we'd find the enemy before they ambushed us, but it looks like you guys already took care of them, huh? Those guys got what they deserved for messing with awesome dragon slayers," Lector boasted.

"Yeah! You guys are the bestest ever!" Frosch agreed.

"Damn straight!" The compliments only widened the blond's smirk. There was no way she could resist him now. He's the strongest, hottest dragon slayer around, and he'd prove it to her. He'd prove it to (F/n) Fernandes that he was strong enough to protect her and win her heart. After seven years of harsh training, after seven years of waiting, he knew that he was worthy of her love.