Vampires and Humans

Start from the beginning

"What I'm about to do is a little worse though, now that I think about it," he says scratching his head. He sighs and crouches, resting hands on his black jeans, as a silver chain hangs from his side. "I'm going to kill you, in a way, and I don't wanna get my clothes messy, then I'd have to change, and it's this whole big thing, you get it right? I mean I gotta get home after this, it's late, and I just wanna crash ya know?" The man says nonchalantly.  "You're crazy! You're a fucking psycho!" The attacker shouts at him as he grunts in pain, the man looking at the attacker, his eyes iridescent blue; "now that's just mean, I didn't call you a rapist, you fucking rapist" he says to him.

The man, standing, bends down and grabs the attacker. With one hand, he lifts the attacker into the air. Now above him, the man looks down at the man. "What the hell are you!" The attacker says to the man, the man dons a sinister grin, as he looks up at him. "I'm glad you asked," the man says his blue eyes, turning a burning red as black veins bulge from under the skin around his eyes. "I'm karma, and I've just come full circle," the man says just before he brings the attacker to his level, biting his neck. The man's eyes illuminate against the dark of night as he drains the attacker of blood who has since fallen silent.

Vampires have lived in this world for centuries, up until about the thirteen hundreds, they roamed the shadows, nothing more than a story to scare children into coming in before dark. They were thought to be impossible, a human not alive, but not dead, but more or less in between. In the fourteen hundreds, they began to integrate themselves with human society. This integration proved, troublesome to say the least, living according to mortal rules was not fitting their lifestyle, their needs, and desires.

Vampires did as they wanted, and that was drawing more attention to the supernatural world. With their need to feed, humans we're turning up dead, with unnatural circumstances to blame. As time went on, the disappearances and mysterious events were too frequent to ignore. Humans began getting curious and had begun to question the world around them, thus dawning the age of the Renaissance. A handful of vampires knew something had to change, they held meetings about how they have lived among humans. They needed a way to fully integrate into society but, needed it to work well enough so that it keeps them hidden while allowing them to fulfill their needs. So a council was formed, a sort of government for the vampires, they established rules for vampires to agree to.

These rules had vampires' interests in mind while keeping their existence a secret, and protecting humans from extinction. Not only did it protect the existence of vampires, but this would also benefit all supernatural creatures and beings that live across the globe. Drawing attention to one aspect would surely lead to others, and they had seen how the humans led conquests against their kind, killing and enslaving one another. 

Once the council was formed, it appealed to many, most agreeing to the terms set and full integration into human society. However, there were still those who opposed this way of thinking and refused to accept it and live among that which they considered food. They believed that as the more dominant species, they should have free reign over this world, not be confined to conform to live amongst those who are weaker than themselves.

This divide started a violent, but silent war, lasting for many years, it looked as if there would be no vampires left after all was said and done. Those who opposed put up a great effort and fought hard but, in the end, the council and its followers became victorious, bringing in a more civilized era of vampires.

In present times, vampires live among humans inconspicuously, they could be your barista, the mechanic on fourth street, or even the unassuming neighbor. Thanks to the council, established peace was achieved, and humans and vampires lived in harmony without wiping out the human population and keeping the existing supernatural world hidden. There are still a few, who believe vampires should be the top species, but only a few that are known.