It's a Long Shot

Mulai dari awal

"Mommy, Rebecca pushed me on the ground again." Grant toddled on his sister to his mother.

"I did not." Rebecca protested. "You tripped over my foot." She replied. Rebecca rolled her ocean blue eyes.

"Liar!" Grant called out Rebecca.

"Mom, what happened?" Violetta asked Marsha.

"Grant tripped over Rebecca when they were playing by the swing set." Marsha explained to her daughter. "I got it. Come on, kids." She told Rebecca and Grant.

Rebecca and Grant followed their grandmother to upstairs. Violetta sighed as she looked at Steve, Scott and Natasha in the kitchen. Steve put his hand on his hip. Natasha sipped on her coffee cup. Scott was looking for something to eat. Violetta watched Scott around her kitchen. She had so many questions to ask Scott about the Qualm Realm. Although she through Scott had been snapped five years ago, Violetta wondered how he got out of the realm. Minutes later, Marsha came back down with Grant and Rebecca. The young children hugged Steve and Natasha. They stared at Scott.

"Mommy, who is he?" Rebecca asked her mother. She beamed at the mystery man in her home.

"This is Scott Lang. His superhero name is Ant-Man." Violetta answered her daughter's question. "He is staying with Uncle Steve and Aunt Natasha for awhile." She said to the five year old.

Scott kneeled down to Rebecca's level. "Hi Rebecca, I met your uncle and your aunt back in Germany a few years back with your daddy." He told her. Scott could not help to look at her blues eyes. They were so much like Bucky's eyes. Her hair was red as her grandmother and mother's hair.

"Are you going to get daddy back to mommy?" Grant asked Scott.

Scott nodded as he glanced over at Grant. "I'm going to try." Scott answered. He noticed both kids had Bucky's looks.

"Mommy misses daddy." Grant mentioned to Scott. He didn't realize this stranger is an Avenger like Uncle Steve and Aunt Natasha.

"We will get him back." Scott declared. He hoped the plan would work. He had some of Hank Pym's particles leftover in his van.

"Thank you, Mister Scott." Grant replied.

Scott nodded at the little boy. "You're welcome." He said.

"I will have a talk with them later, mom." Violetta told her mother.

Marsha sighed as she took Rebecca and Grant upstairs to the bathroom. She grumbled something in Russian. Violetta glanced over at Steve and Natasha. She pressed her pale pink lips together. Scott was waiting by the door. Violetta crossed her arms together. She sighed as her chest moved in and out.

"Tony lives by the lake not too far from here. Pepper and Tony got married after the Avengers disbanded." Violetta told Steve. "They have a daughter named Morgan. Pepper usually bring Morgan over to play with Rebecca and Grant." She said.

"They finally tied the knot." Steve commented.

"Yes." Violetta replied. "I don't know if Tony will help you since you and him are not on the best of terms. As for Bruce, I haven't seen him in years since the Compound."

"I will find Bruce." Natasha told Violetta. She hugged Violetta tightly in her arms. Then Natasha pulled away from her tiny redhead friend. "You need to worry about Nigel, Rebecca and Grant. Keep mom out of trouble." Natasha winked.

Steve, Natasha and Scott left the house. Violetta watched Scott jump when she heard one of her cows mooed. She has seen her friends leave for Tony's house. Violetta went upstairs to check on Rebecca and Grant. Marsha had finished cleaning the muddy mess off of them. Rebecca ran over to her mother. Grant went back down to the woodshed to Nigel. As Violetta picked Rebecca up, she held her little redhead daughter to her side. Marsha began to clean up the bath mess in the bathroom. Violetta exited the bathroom to Rebecca's bedroom. Rebecca wiggled out of her mother's arms.