Fantasy Contest {CLOSED!!! NOW JUDGING!!!}

Hooray! The fantasy genre is going to be officially open on February 20, 2020. That gives our wonderful participants time to submit their fantasy books.

The contest will OPEN for submissions FEBRUARY 20, 2020 at 9:00 AM EST.

The contest will CLOSE for submissions FEBRUARY 29, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

Once the contest is closed, no more submissions will be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS! We have to make this fair for everyone. Late submissions will not be granted entry.

Once all the stories have been submitted, the books will be divided evenly among the judges and judging will commence.

NOTE: Judges, you must begin judging on MARCH 1. Judging should be completed by the end of March. We understand that life occurs. Please remember that you are only required to read the PROLOGUE of a story and the first FIVE CHAPTERS.

If you are late to submissions and want to submit a story AFTER the submissions have closed, you will have to wait until the contest has reopened. Thank you for your patience.

For participants submitting stories, we kindly ask that you resubmit your fantasy stories in the forms section again. Even if it has already been accepted, we want to make sure that we get all the stories. So please submit your fantasy books again.

Judges, here is your rubric.

PLOT (0/10)
Does the plot make sense to the storyline? Is it jumpy and not explained well? Is it rushed? What happens in the story? Can you understand it? Does the setting create a mood? Does the protagonist have conflict in the beginning of the story? Is it too much conflict? Are there solutions to said conflict?

Conventions (0/10)
Are there excessive spelling errors and messed up punctuation? (Please note that many authors write on mobile devices so an occasional spelling mistake will  occur.)

Character Development (0/10)
Is the protagonist realistic? Are they relatable? Do they progress and change at a reasonable rate? Is their change drastic and happen too quickly?

Cover Design & Synopsis (0/10)
Is the cover eye catching? Does the synopsis draw the reader in? Does the title spark attention?

Originality (0/10)
Does the book appear unique? (Please note that many authors will have the same idea for a story. A perfect, completely original story is not likely to occur.) Is it plagiarized? 

Feedback (0/10)
Is there anything you, as the judge, would like to suggest? What do you feel that the author should change in his/her story? What did the author do well? What did you, personally like/dislike about the story? What can the author improve on?

Awards will be mentioned in another chapter. Thank you!

FANTASY ENTRIES

Breann_Hill
A Warlock's Call by Last_Apprentice
The Last Philosopher by NickfEast
The Gazelle by KaraCarreira

dlcroisette
The Knight and the Peasant by SirTurtlethelll
Trolah'bureg by Archdav

WinterLafae
Blue Stone by Cherryloverpop18
Date of Dawn by JoshuaVolkers

Happy judging and may the best book win!