✰ purgatory; 003 ✰

Start from the beginning

No one was around since the students in Levant barely went to the 5th floor, especially the library. He hid between the shelves of folklore section and fantasy novel. He shoved his hand inside his blazer pocket and took the paper out.

There were 3 papers.

The first one contained a picture of two fraternal twins, a girl and a boy that were named Hope and Despair—or mostly known as Shiro and Kuro. The two of them are Red Joker's guardians, they served as his eyes and ears.

The second paper told him about the book in the library that Sooya accidentally found when she was 19

The second paper told him about the book in the library that Sooya accidentally found when she was 19. She said it got something to do with Levant Academy history, in case he's interested to know more.

The third paper contained a warning.

— "stay away from the royals, the kims, and the twins. but most importantly, keep your nose away from the jokers and their sisters. principal reiss keep them locked for a reason and the dean might have something to do with it. they're not a good people. i knew for a fact that they didn't just build this school to shelter us. there's a hidden agenda for them to keep all of us here instead throwing all of us to jail and if you know too much you're going to end up dead. consider this as an apology for taking your money without giving you the proper information newbie." —

Yoongi rolled his eyes at the last part and tear the papers slowly, making sure that they ended up in tiny bits so no one could put them back together and read the content. He keep them inside the pocket of his blazer so that he could flush them later in the toilet.

He walked slowly towards the shelf that Sooya told him to go while keeping his guard up in case he heard someone coming in. Honestly, he was more curious about the third paper, Sooya's warning. All he could ask himself was why?

Why did she tell me to stay away from them when there's no clear explanation of why should I do... that.

Yoongi raised his eyebrow when his feet stopped in front of the shelf of history section, tons of books with various thickness lined up perfectly in each row. It was well kept and the books looked brand new.

Guess they're not a fan of the library.

Yoongi paused when his eyes landed on the book with a maroon cover, perfectly sandwiched between other books in the middle of the bottom row.

That's the one.

He sat down, rolling up the sleeve on his right hand and grazed his finger at the top edge of the book. He pulled the book carefully and eye it curiously. It was a bit worn out than the rest, almost as if it was from a different time if not for the new leather cover that hid the original look from the book. The content was written by hand. Yoongi thought it was a diary and his suspicion was proven after he read the first page of the book.