✰ purgatory; 003 ✰

Start from the beginning

Still a lot. Yoongi wanted to retort, but he just nodded his head at her and muttered a small thank you.

Yoongi slumped in his chair. It wasn't a lot, but the information did help him to know more even though they're all kinda vague. But those little facts narrowed down his curiosity.

If the sister killed someone, what about her brother? What did he do to make the principal locked him underground?

"Can I... ask you something?" Sooya tilted her head.

"For free?"

"... I'll pay... if it's... valuable."

Sooya's eyes lit up as she straighten her posture, grinning widely at her client. "You're curious about other Royals?"

Yoongi shake his head slowly. "Not... them. It's about... the hidden floor."

Sooya's shoulders fell at the mere mention of the hidden floor. "You're actually curious about the Jokers, aren't you?" Yoongi nodded.

"Suga, have you lost your mind- wait, you're a Ruby, you burnt shits, of course you're crazy." She muttered quickly under her breath. Yoongi who could still hear her words clearly frowned.

"Hidden floor isn't accessible for everyone, hence why it's called the hidden floor." She paused, nervously looking at the window before she continues. "Only few selected people who could go there and it needs your identification. If you're not registered and fail to identify yourself to the hidden floor within a minute then it will bring you up again to the 1st floor."

Yoongi hummed, urging her to continue her ramble. "The only thing I know about the hidden floor... it was where the Jokers being locked. They basically live there after—" She cursed under her breath. "No, I can't tell you."

Yoongi blinked, analyzing her reaction carefully. It looked as if she wanted to tell him badly about it, probably because she wanted to vent to someone but she was afraid of something. But his gifted ears didn't hear anything from the outside, no one was around.

Did someone keep an eye on her?

"Why? Why can't you tell me?" Yoongi muttered in Chinese, a bit foreign to his ears but it automatically run out from his tongue. His voice was small and it didn't reach Sooya's ears since she was still lost in thought.

"They used to be in Pendragon, both of the Jokers." She whispered. Yoongi glanced at her knitted brows.

"Used... to?" Sooya nodded.

"Right now, they're colorless. They don't belong to any of the divisions and the dorms. They're on their own." She got up from her seat and collect her stuffs quickly before she faced the older with a forced smile. "That was all I can tell you. I'll wait for the money."

Yoongi pursed his lips. He actually wanted to ask more but she was eager to leave. He nodded reluctantly, watching her walk towards the door. She paused for awhile and sighed, groaning as she turned around to face Yoongi again. The older was confused but didn't say anything, waiting for her to speak.

"You better watch your back." She started. "The twins won't be happy if you snoop around asking about the Jokers and their sisters."

"Who...?" Yoongi frowned.

"Here." She slipped a paper inside his blazer pocket and left. Yoongi narrowed his eyes and quickly left the room.

He decided to go to the only library in Levant, a large room filled with numerous of shelves and tons of books with wide windows at the side of the room, maroon curtains hanging firmly and block some of the lights emitting from the outside. The windows only made the room look bigger than it already was. There was a spiral of stair case which indicates that there's a second floor inside the library. The ceiling looked as if he was in a church, clouds and blue sky lapping over the antic chandelier that were hanged beautifully in the middle of the room.