Chapter 4: New Life New name New Job.... New Lie.

Start from the beginning

I quickly changed my clothes from my pjs to some white skinny jeans, a blue keep calm and smoke weed shirt, my blue spiked Timberlands and a jean jacket. I pulled my hair into a bun and then me and Daniella left my room.

I walked down the stairs to see Karter was still wathcing TV.

"Hey uh Karter?" She turned around and faced me

"Im going out with Daniella. Can you cover or me with mom and dad. Im in trouble and not supposed to leave. I know you will cover for me right?" I charmed her and gave her my beautiful smile before dipping out of the house before she could say yes or no.

"So you know we walking? I walked here and I dont have my car" Dani said as we made it to the end of my drive way.

"Yeah I guess so cause I can't take my car or else mom and dad will know I left." She nodded her head and began the 20 min walk to Dustins house.

KARTER/ BROOKLYN'S P.O.V

I sat there awkwardly after Micah and Daniella left. I knew they were up to no good and I didn't know if I wanted to be in between that mess with Micah and her parents but I didn't have much of a choice when both Sarah and Johnathan came into the living room where I was.

"Hey Karter. I have to talk to you." Sarah informed me as she sat dwon beside me. I looked at her expectantly and waited for her to continue.

"Have you seen Micah? I need for her to hear this too."

I instantly felt all the color in my face drain. What do I do? What do I do? That was the quesion that raced through mind as I sat there and looked into Johnathan and Sarah's face. I don't wan to lie to them since thry have so graciously opened thir home to me. But I also don't want Micah to be mad at me. I want her to like me. What am I saying? She's a kid who cares if she likes me. Damn. I need to get myself together.

"I uh. I don't know actually. I saw her disappear upstairs. Maybe she went to take a shower" Johnathan and Sarah both nodded their heads and they seemed to believe me. Although it wasn't a total lie. Micah did go upstairs..... Before she left...

Shut up

"Okay well I wanted to tell you both but I guess it's okay if I both tell you" Sarah said and I saw a gleam of joy and Happiness in her eyes as she spoke.

"Me and Johnathan heard that you used to teach?" Sarah asked and I nodded my head yes. I felt a pang of sadness as I remembered my teaching job. I love teaching. It was the thing that filled my heart with joy the most. I hate that I had to leave all my students behind and with out a goodbye. But I guess it was for the best.

"Okay well. I pulled some strings and talked to an old friend of mines. I GOT YOU A JOB AT OUR LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL!!!" Sarah yelled the last part and I felt my heart do a flutter. She got me a job? and at that it's a teaching job?

"Oh my God! Thank you so much Sarah. This is omg. You don't know how much I love teaching." I couldn't contain my excitement and reached over and pulled both Johnathan and Sarah into an embrace.

"Haha. It's no problem really" Sarah said as I let her go.

"Thank you guys so much. For everything really." I said and thy just nodded before getting up and leaving the room.

"Oh wait. I forgot to say this." Sarah said as she turned back around.

"The school wants you to come in tomorrow so they can go over some stuff with you."

"Okay." I said and smiled greatly.

"I'll tell Micah to drive you since that's her school and she has Saturday school anyways"

Just great. It's not enough that I have to live with her and share a room with her but I also have to see her at school as well? I just know that whatever this is. It isn't going to end well. I thought.

___________________________________________________________________________

Time rolled by and it was already night fall. MIcah still hasn't came back and I don't know how much longer I can cover for Micah.

"Karter, Xander, and Micah! Dinner is ready!" I heard Sarah yell from the kitchen. Just great. Now what do I do?

I walked into the kitchen with Alexander following right behind me.

"Where is Micah?" Sarah asked me and once again all the color was gone from my face. I had o confess.

"Im sorry Sarah. I just wanted to be liked by everyone. Micah left with her friend Daniella? She hasn't came back. Im really sorry for lying to you" I announced. I felt like a teenager again confessing up to my parents after I done something bad and got caught.

"WHAT?!" Sarah shrieked. I could see her head turning red.

"I'll go call her' Johnathan said as he let the kitchen.

"How could you lie for her like that. You're an adult too. You should know better" If I didn't feel like a kid before I do now.

I sat down at my seat on the tabe with my head down. Im grown but I feel like such a child.

Just then I heard the front door open and then shut quietly. I don't think Sarah heard it because she's to busy pacin back and forth. Quietly I rushed to the door to meet Micah. I came just in time to see her running up the stairs.

"Where the hell where you?" I whisper yelled to MIcah and she froze. She turned around slowly and sighed a sigh or relief when she seen it was me.

"Im sorry. I had to walk back since I didn't have a car and it was longer than I thought. Especially since Im high asf right now" Micah said and it was then that I noticed her low eyes and I could clearly tell she put visine in her eyes to cover up the redness.

"Well I need to tell you-"

"There you are!. You're in so much trouble young lady!"

I saw Micah's eyes get buck. I turned to see Johnathan standing behind me with his hands crossed.

"You know you're on punishment and yet you still left the house? Give me your phone right now!" Joshnathan said to Micah.

"But daddy-"

"Don't 'But daddy' me. Give me your phone" He said as he held his hand out.

"I also want your laptop too. You're also not alllowed to leave this house for the next month unless to go to school. No Daniella either." Johnathan said to Micah and I stood there quietly.

Johnathan looked over at me and then he smiled. Oh gawd he's smiling. Why is he smiling? What's going on.

"Also since Karter doesn't have a car you will be her driver for where ever she wants to go"

I whipped my head around to him.

"Oh John. That's not neccessary" I said trying to be clear.

"Yeah dad thats not neccessary" Micah said.

"That's final. And thank you Karter for telling us she was gone even though you did lie about it" John said and then turned to go back into the kitchen.

I slowly turned my head to look at Micah to see her glaring at me. DAMMIT !

"Micah I-"

"What the fuck ever Karter. Leave me the fuck alone." Micah said as she turned around and ran up the stairs.

I threw my hands up in frustration. Living here is going to cause me more stress than being wanted by a murderer.

Authors note:

OMG yes we are out for thanksgiving break finally so here's an update. I think it may be kinda short but I hope not. Anyways vote and comment to tell me what you think. The picture is of Daniella. Ahh thank you for reading this book thus far. I love you all

My little Tygers.

smooches,

-xoxoTygahh