4: Meeting new friends

~Present~

Caroly's P.O.V.

It had been 5 years since I came to Alola. I'm 15 years old now. I have to admit it, it has been a great time around here. I had already completed all the trials and I had the z-crystals of the normal, fighting, ice, electric, dark, steel, fairy and flying-type moves. Even though I couldn't use all of them, I kept them just in case. 

I was walking around the town center when suddenly a 10-year-old raven haired boy ran into me.

"I'm sorry about that..." He apologized as he helped me to stand up.

"It's okay!" I said calmly.

"Wow, you've got a pikachu too!" He said when he spotted Electra on my shoulder.

"Her name is Electra." I said with a smile.

"I'm Ash Ketchum, by the way! I'm from Pallet Town!" He said.

"I'm Caroly, and I'm also from Pallet Town!" I replied.

"Really?!" He said "But I've never seen you there!"

"It might be because I moved here when I was 10." I said.

"Oh... Wait, are those your pokémon as well??" He asked pointing at my glaceon and alolan vulpix.

"Yes, they are Glacia and Snowflake." I responded.

"So cool!" He said "Would you like to meet my friends?"

"Sure!" I said as I followed him to where his friends were.

"Caroly, meet my friends Kiawe, Sophocles, Mallow, Lana and Lillie. Everyone, meet Caroly!"

"Nice to meet you!" They all said.

"Nice to meet you too!" I replied.

"You've got an alolan vulpix too?" Lillie asked me.

"Yes, her name is Snowflake." I said.

"Mine's name is Snowy!" She replied.

"Caroly... Would you like to have a battle with me?" Ash asked "With our pikachus?"

"I don't know... My pikachu isn't a normal pikachu..." I replied.

"I'll battle anyways! Now I'm curious to know more about her!" He said.

"Alright... But don't be sad when I win." I said with a grin.

"I won't be losing!" Ash said.

"We'll see..." I said.

We got ready for the battle. He and his pokémon looked tough, but was that enough to defeat Electra?

"Pikachu, I choose you!" Ash said as the electric mouse pokémon got in battle.

"Electra, let's do this!" I said as my pikachu also got in the battlefield.

"Pikachu, use quick attack!" He commanded as the pikachu used the fast normal-type move.

"Electra, use thunderbolt!" I said as Electra released electricity from her cheeks and Pikachu got hit by the electric-type move.

"Pikachu, are you alright?" Ash asked as Pikachu got up.

"Electra evolve to Raichu" I said as Electra evolved.

"What?? How is that possible??" Ash said confused.

"Now let's finish this!" I said as Electra and I started to do the pose for the electric type z-move. "Gigavolt Havoc!"

The z-move was enough to make Pikachu faint.

"Pikachu and Ash are unable to battle! Winner is trainer Caroly!" Kiawe announced.

Ash picked Pikachu up and he looked at Electra going back to be a pikachu.

"How did she do that?" He asked.

"She's actually an experiment pokémon that my father gave me for protection." I said.

"Whoa! That explains everything!" He said impressed.

"I was quite shocked when I've seen your pikachu evolving out of nowhere..." Sophocles said "A normal pokémon is unable to evolve on command, specially a pikachu that normally evolves with a thunderstone."

"Yeah!" Mallow said.

"That was kinda surprising!" Lillie said.

"The battle was so fast. I didn't even have time to understand it correctly." Lana said.

"It's because Electra is amazingly strong. That's why I don't battle with her quite often... I mean... It's a little unfair. Don't you think?" I asked.

"That wasn't unfair at all! You just did what everyone would do in a normal battle!" Ash said.

"Oh really? What if I tell you that we didn't even use our full power?" I said with a grin on my face.

"What?!" He said "You mean that Electra is even stonger than that??"

"Yep!" I replied "Next time I'll use Glacia instead so it'll be more fair."

"Ok!" Ash said "Can't wait to battle you again!"

"Neither do I!" I responded.

We spent some time together. They told me about pokémon school, which sounded really cool, and I also got to meet all their pokémon. They were amazing! Ash had Pikachu, Rowlet, Torracat and Lycanroc; Sophocles had Togedemaru and Charjabug; Kiawe had Turtunator and Alolan Marowak; Lana had Primarina and Sandy (Eevee); Mallow had Tsareena; and Lillie had Snowy (Alolan Vulpix).

After that we all went home. On the next day, they would be showing me the pokémon school. I couldn't wait! When we got home, I started training with my pokémon. When we finished, we got inside and went to my room.