"She did it to protect herself." he defends.

I bite down on the inside of my cheek in distress as the man walks up to me, looking me dead in the face.

"Was it worth the protection, Lydia?" he questions dauntingly as I try to suppress my trembling fear.

"Leave her alone!" Harry barks, struggling against his tied wrists. "You have me, just let her go!"

The man turns around, storming up to Harry and shoving a bunched up cloth in his mouth from his pocket. Harry struggles and groans in anger as the man grabs me and throws me on my knees next to Harry.

"You're right, Styles. I do have you..." he crouched down to Harry's eye level. Harry just glares. "...and you're gonna make me a lot of cash." he states, before snapping his head in my direction. "But her..." he brings his face right up to mine, snapping his hand around my jaw. "...well she's more of a vendetta."

I whimper at his rough touch and then he lets go. I turn my head to look at Harry who was watching me with terrified eyes and shouting unintelligible protests at the man.

"Your brother was my best friend, Lydia." the man says, making me switch my focus back to him. "His death was never avenged."

I try to steady my breathing, but it wasn't working. I was in a full state of panic.

"I've been watching you for a while now. Both of you." he says to Harry and I. The mans uncovered eyes flick to mine, burning the raw insanity behind them. "I know you've seen me, Lydia. I know you've heard the tapping at your window."

My whole body tenses and my breath continues to leave my body but fails to enter back in.

The pure feeling of panic was taking over my body.

The man pulls a switchblade out of his pocket. The light from the lamp bounced off the shiny blade.

I began to move but the man quickly pointed the knife at Harry. "One wrong move and I stab him." he threatens.

I stay still. On my knees. Hands in my lap. Obedient, but terrified.

Harry, however, kept a brave face. He stared up at the man, teeth biting down hard on the cloth and jaw clenched. He was angry.

"You know," the man paces, twirling the blade around with his gloved fingertips. "when I heard about the reward for capturing 'Harry Styles, Leader of the Kings'...I obviously had to jump at the opportunity." he laughs. "Lydia being here was like the cherry on top. I've been dreaming of this moment."

He was going to kill me.

And he was going to make Harry watch it happen.

I don't want to die.

Harry and I have so much to look forward to.

I've barely gotten to live.

"P-please let us go." I beg.

"You're smarter than that, sweetheart." he scoffs at my pleading.

"Well just let him go then." I gesture over to Harry. "He hasn't touched your gang in forever."