2-Dim Memories

My name... my name is something that's been lost to me for countless years now. Hell, many things in my life have been lost, stolen or beaten out of me, if you would even call it a life. More like just surviving, breathing, praying and wondering if I'm going to make it another day in this unbearable punishment I'm supposed to call a life. But a long time ago, I did have a life, one that was worth living; sadly, it's quite fuzzy as I lose more and more each passing day.

However, I do recall living on a beautiful, spectacular nature filled land with great massive forests and all sorts of amazing animals, with my loving parents and my best friend. The smell of fresh rain water still lingering in my nose, the soft blades of grass tickling between my bare toes as I run around laughing to my hearts content. I was happy... I was a cheerful and lively little girl. Some would say too enthusiastic and quite annoying at times but none the less, my family loved me dearly and raised me well as I recollect.

I don't know if I was an only child nor if we had any family pets, but from the lack of memory, I assume to just be the one. I had one friend my entire freed existence and still associate them as a friend to this day. We would constantly play all the time; sword fighting with broken, dried up sticks, climbing the highest of trees only to be too scared to come down, catching tiny critters in pure awe, you name it. Although, my best friend was the opposite sex as me, we still hung out everyday. Other kids would pick and pry at us for it, as it wasn't 'normal' for a girl to play in the crunching, dry, dirt with a boy nor was it 'normal' for a boy to play with little toy dolls, but none the less, we would always stick up for each other. We never cared or procrastinated at the words others had to say, we never broke our friendship, he was like a brother to me.

As happy kids, we regularly spent as much time under the waking hours as we could together with our parents permission; Until one fateful day. The Omnic War broke out across the world, causing chaos and millions of casualties, so many souls lost to the scum, blood thirsty robots. A tragic mass-explosion happened to our home county not too long after the crisis and it became a toxic, burning waist land. Many human tragedies happened that day and over the years as the toxins leaked into our atmosphere. Animals dropped stone dead like you wouldn't believe; and so forth to humans, leaving only the strongest to survive.

Not a single hint of green was left, not the smallest blade of grass for thousands of kilometres, the only green found was from rust forming on the bits of debris that scattered across the dirt fill land. The world became a cruel burning hell for the human race, and at this time my friend and I needed each other more than ever. People became intoxicated from the fumes in the air costing them their minds. Humanity became more distant over the excruciating years, leaving people to go completely insane, fighting for themselves and killing those who stood in their way.

To our fortune, our families were still alive. However, after the explosion we had to moved to where most of the remaining people had built a city in order for us to survive. It was full to the brim with evil, chaotic people and life was extremely hard there. Others became savages and thirsty for blood as they tried to stay afloat. The streets smelled like death and burning hair; like someone had lit the whole city on fire as everyone frantically runs around like little ants, screaming in pain as they all burn to their deaths. Peoples complexions grew to be slim and lanky as dirt, soot and other strange substances covered the majority of their hunger filled bodies. Water and food was scarce, every few days a new body decorated the chaotic streets from dehydration or lack of nutrition.

Over a crucial few years of living in that polluted so called town, my parents became unhappy, scared, and threatened by the people around us. They had changed drastically, becoming more secretive, distant and angry. They had also begun to get more protective over me and harsh when I would fight back; it was as if I was a rabid dog chained up against my will while they choke me by the collar dragging me back with them.

Although, this now handcuffed protectiveness grew by the day, giving me migraines from all the nagging, I knew they still loved me and were only trying to keep me out of harms way; but I was just a child back then, all I wanted to do was play and have fun, even if the world around us was dying, I didn't want to be caged up by my own mother and father.

Eventually, they barely let my friend and I see each other after that, saying things like: 'we can't trust them, no one is safe to be around, you'll die if you leave this house.' But I didn't care in the slightest, their talk was nonsense to me, which then caused my friend and I to go behind their bony backs and sneak out without them knowing.

Without the long lost playgrounds, nature, and other kids, and always having to keep cautious of adults as they became a growing threat to us, we found other ways to entertain ourselves. We began to steal, sneak and search for junk in the trash, anything we could find to amuse ourselves or that could potentially help out our families.

One day long ago, as we were playing under the excruciating boiling sun, something happened that was forever burned into the back of my skull like a dagger piercing my weak heart. Three men had threatened us and beat us out of their own amusement. Luckily yet so incredibly unfortunate, my parents had found us as the men were about to take us away to god knows where, but stopped them. This caused them to be beaten to near death themselves.

Crimson painted the dirt covered floor as if an artist had spontaneously combusted a bin of paint, splattering all around us as my fragile mind broke to tiny shards that cut so much deeper than any wound could. The penny copper taste filled my mouth as a drop of their blood made it's way down my cheek and onto my lips. The horrible shrieking that erupted through their lungs and fled their lips, haunt me till this day as my dumbfounded small meek body sat there just staring at the bloodied horror of the ones who raised me.

My parents then were taken from me in their unconscious drunken forms, where I'd never see them again

My parents then were taken from me in their unconscious drunken forms, where I'd never see them again. Days past as I was alone with no family, scared, hungry and cold. The loneliness sunk deep into my chest and the hatred I felt for not only the men but for myself, it made my stomach twist in gruesome ways. I blamed myself for my loss, who wouldn't, If I had never snuck out they would still be here, with me, safe.

Eventually, the men came back looking for me. Not being able to outrun such monsters, I was kidnapped, brining me to this awful place. The place where I would have to call home for many disgusting years. They took me to a scientific lab where the people there tortured me and did crazed experiments on me, forcing me to kill things and be on the fringe of death. The non stop blood lust and agonizing pain shook my sanity to the brink of extinction. I however, was a success, and their pride possession. Their greatest horrific masterpiece. I became what I am now, a monster.

It has been a near thirteen years since they had first proceeded to take me away from my ever so longing freedom, or so I believe. Over the tortuous years I tried to gather as much information as I could get my bony fingers on, following the movements of those who locked me up. I had managed to escape out of my holding cell a handful of times but was always brought down before reaching the exit of the mass building, just like a meek bird about to flap its wings into the warm sky abruptly getting whirled down with one quick shot of a gun. However, resources, materials and knowledge were scarce and hard to gain. I don't know what's out in the world today nor what happened with the war. I have forgotten most of my past at this point, I can't even remember what my parents look like nor what their names could have been. All I can recall is the name....

Jamison.