Taking the dresses from his hand I failed to meet his stare. I didn't want to see the anger that Was sure to be hiding there. Taking the dresses from him I stepped back into the changing room. Choosing the red dress first, I shimmed into and stepped back out. London immediately sat his glass of wine down and stood. "I knew that would look beautiful on you but this will make it look much better".

London clasped a red ruby and diamond bracelett around my wrist then kissed my temple. "Go try the next one on baby doll".

Moments later I emerged from the dressing room wearing a black number. London smiled. "There's nothing you couldn't wear that you wouldn't look stunning in." He declared as he handed me a set of pearl earrings .

Finally I tried the last dress on that was a bit plainer than the other's. It was a pale yellow and more of a fun sundress than a party dress. Stepping out London only stared at me and whispered "yellow".

" this is by far my favorite. I think this would go perfect with it". He said as he slid a yellow diamond in the shape of a rose on my hand.

"There. It's all complete. Are you ready or are you still shopping?"

" I'm done". I concluded.

London nodded and went to pay for the dresses and jewelry while I changed. However i still wanted the jeans and top. On my way to the counter I spotted a pair of green heels that I fell in love with. Normally I only wore red, black and sometimes silver or gold but I had to have these. Swiping them up I continued on my way. "Everything has been taken care of. We can go". London informed me.

" Wait. I'm buying these item's as well". I said reaching in my bag for my card.

Looking at Pamela London instructed her. "Please add these item's to my tab".

Taking my hand he escorted me to his Porsche and instructed one of his men to return the car he had drove here back home. "I was thinking we could do dinner". London said as he pulled off back into the city traffic.

I only nodded my head as a reply. I didn't know what to think of his behavior. Why was he being nice after I ran off like I did? Soon he pulled up to the finest restaurant he owned and escorted me in. We was led to our traditional private eating area. London pulled out my chair and made sure I was comfortable before he sat down. After our drinks were poured and our orders placed London spoke. "Care to explain why you ran off?"

Here it was, the moment I was waiting for. All the sweetness he displayed back at the boutique was just a trap hoping I'd feel like I had been let off the hook. "I don't want to discuss it right now". I stated dryly.

Instead of demanding an explanation London retrieved a small picture from his breast pocket and placed it before me. "You see this young girl in the picture?"

I looked at the picture and recognized myself duiring my college year's. Remaining silent waiting to see what he was getting at he spoke. "I had the pleasure of meeting this girl several year's ago and let me tell you, don't be fooled by that innocent smile. This little girl managed to rob me. Not only that but I watched her in a bar with all of her sorority friend's single handedly punch some guy's light's out for not taking no as an answer. Oh, she taught me so much during that summer down south. She was fire then and didn't even know it, but wait it gets better".

London removed another picture from his pocket. It was me again not long after I took over my mother's resort chain. "See this one right here? It's the same girl just a few year's older and now the CEO of her very own resorts. She was killing the game and knew just how to get the land she wanted. In fact she managed to even bully me into getting what she wanted. This girl was a queen and didn't need a man to make her that. She played by her own rules and was tough. Many time's I plotted her death because she was a danger to me and eventually knew too much but I never could go through with it. I'd never meet anyone like her, she even scared me... Imagine that? She was so strong and full of life and those impulses she has". He paused to laugh.

" Well let's just say they were so stupid that they were actually smart. Fast decisions usually get people killed but not her. She always came out on top, always a step ahead. She had a spirit that couldn't be broken even though I shamefully tried a few time's. This woman was born with it, born to rule, to lead. She didn't need any special training or an army of men to get the job done and I secretly envied her for that. To this day I believe that she was made for me, that fate sent me down south all those year's ago just to meet my soul mate... The one who was just like me but didn't know it yet. ".

Finally he stopped talking as I was wondering where all of this was going. Leaning. Toward me he took my hands. "I know what happened baby doll. The security cameras caught it."

" I-I tried to push him away London ". I stammered not wanting him to think I invited that man to kiss me.

" Shhhh... Baby doll. No need to explain. I saw it all and you did nothing wrong.... But he did". London gritted out.

"I know this is bothering you. It's not like you to run off from someone who acted this way. Normally by now the men would be cleaning the mess up but I understand. This life can be too much sometimes and you needed out to think, recharge. This doesn't make you weak, we all have our meltdowns. However i know that this girl in the picture's is still here. She hasn't went anywhere. The only thing now is that she's stronger and smarter. Baby doll there is a present in the pit waiting for you whenever you're ready to handle it. Now let's eat and enjoy our meal".