"Not before he fell?" Poe continues to ask.

"No. When we saw him from the window, he had both shoes on..." Ranpo stated, surprising Poe and (Y/N).

"You noticed that in that brief moment?!" Both yelled.

"Of course I did!" Ranpo was proud of himself and puffs out his chest.

"From the wear on the shoe, he liked these shoes and wore them often. So it wouldn't be easy to come off. So, how did it come off as he was falling?"

"I see! Now I know why you looked so happy just now!" Poe exclaimed happily as he grabs Ranpo's hands.

"I only get half of what you just deduced..." (Y/N) says, hanging her head down in defeat.

"Isn't it great?!" Ranpo laughed again.

"Hey, what's going on? Care to explain?" Minouchi asked, worst than (Y/N), he couldn't understand every single word Ranpo says.

"These shoes were not his favorites. They were put on his feet just now before he was pushed off!" Ranpo explains.

"But I thought you said that it was his favorite pair?" (Y/N) asked.

"Well, people change..." Ranpo replies with a sly smirk.

"And, Ranpo kun knows these shoeprints..." Poe said and everyone turned towards the cape-wearing detective.

"Of course, I-" he stops, eyes wide open, staring at the ground.

(Y/N) looks at him, a worried frown was spotted on her face as she asked him what was happening.

"I... my... my ability is gone..." he says.

"What, Ranpo kun?" Poe stares at him and Ranpo started making a fuss and sat in a corner.

"What do you mean?" Minouichi questioned, but the other two halted themselves in explaining.

"My ability is gone! Ka-poof! No more!" Ranpo starts throwing a tantrum as a crowd starts circling them again.

Minouichi ordered the female police to keep the pedestrians out of the perimeter and start barking orders through his walkie talkie.

(Y/N) and Poe just tilt their heads at Ranpo. They knew that, since in the beginning, Ranpo doesn't have an ability. But they played along as if an adult to a child.

"I want snacks!" Ranpo exclaimed and walks away from the humiliation of being canceled out of his ability.

"I wanna go home!" he stated and walks into another direction.

The two followed him, they noticed he was looking around like he was lost. Who was actually lost and they had to bring him to the agency.

"I'm sorry for the disturbance..." (Y/N) called out when she opens the door.

"(Y/N) san!" Atsushi shouted happily, as he and Kyouka ran to her sides.

"Kyouka chan, Atsushi kun... how are you?" She smiles at them.

"We're... as you can see... frustrated. Kunikida is in jail for the so-called killings during the search for the virus user..." he explains and watched Ranpo stomps to his desk.

"What's wrong with him?" he asked.

"He said that his ability had been canceled out during an investigation..." she explains and heard someone in the office snorted.

"Ranpo kun~ please eat the snacks that we bought for you in your secret safe~ you need energy for your ability~" it was none other than...

"Dazai..." (Y/N) calls out, earning a "yo!" and a weird smirk from the suicidal associate.