SEVEN

The smell of the all the dead filled the air as Kylie sat on the ground, glancing around at the many bodies limp and no longer alive. Some of the bodies were of the innocents that couldn't get away from the monsters, and others were the dead that took their lives away to begin with. Kylie then lifted her head slightly to see Andrea who was still hovering over the dead body of her sister, Amy. Her crying had grown silent as the sun had risen over the trees, and there was nothing but she shallow breaths that fell past Andrea's lips. Kylie couldn't imagine losing Carl or her parents. Kylie Grimes wasn't use to death, and she believed she wouldn't ever get over it. Kylie looked around and she had noticed that Daryl was smashing a pickax into the head of the dead so they wouldn't turn into a walker.

"What are you guys doing?" Kylie heard her best friend's voice ask and she turned her head slightly to see Glenn, watching as Daryl and Morales dragged a camper to the pile which was for the walkers, "This is for geeks. Our people go over there." Kylie then looks over where Glenn was pointing at to see the other campers that were lined up for burial.      

"What's the difference?" Morales asked but Kylie understood why it mattered so much. They're not just anybody, they're people who they once knew and deserved to be buried and not burnt into nothing but ash, "They're all infected."      

"Our people go in that row over there." Kylie listened as Glenn's voice began to shake, and she even noticed the tears in his eyes, "We don't burn them!" He yelled, his loud tone hiding the pain in his voice, "We bury them. Understand?" He says, swallowing the lump forming in his throat, "Our people go in that row over there." Glenn had such an amazing soul, he cared about everything and everyone, that's what Kylie liked most about him. Daryl then begins to help Morales drag the body over to the RV, dropping it only a few feet away from Kylie and she jumped slightly as the body touched the ground.

"You reap what you sow." He tells them and then Kylie suddenly stood up, giving Daryl a frustrated look.

"Hey how bout we all calm down and take a breather, okay? We've all been through a lot and it all has been really hard for all for us." Daryl glanced over at her, his eyes narrowing into a glare, before he looked over at everyone else.

"Y'all left my brother for dead! You had this coming!" He snaps back, before he walks away. Kylie then let out a sigh, before she turned around to see her father walking towards her, a knife drenched with blood in his hands from helping everyone take care of the people killed last night.

"You okay, Kylie?" He asked her, concern laced in his voice. She gave him a small smile in return, nodding her head.

"I'm fine." She tells him, her smile fading as she glanced over at Daryl.

"You'll be okay, right?" He asks and Kylie nodded her head, remaining silent, before Rick smiled at her and walked away.      

"A walker got him!" Jacqui speak out in a loud tone, and Kylie snapped her head over towards the woman to see her staring down at Jim with fear. "A walker bit Jim!" Everyone, including Kylie rushed over to the scene as Jim backed away from them, a scared look plastered across his face. Kylie stared at the man as Glenn stood beside her, and she couldn't help but stare at him with fear. He was infected, and a danger to the rest of the camp.      

"I'm okay." Jim pleads, his voice coming out in a quiet whisper as he continued to beg for them to let him go. But Kylie even knew that wouldn't happen so easily.      

Daryl points at him, "Show it to us." He instructs, removing the pickaxe from his shoulder as he repeated himself. "Show it to us!" He yelled, his demand making Kylie flinch a little. Jim reacted irrationally, backing further away from the group and picking up a shovel to defend himself against them. Kylie gave him a sad look. She knew he was scared that they would all find out the truth that he was infected, and even if he felt fine now, he wouldn't be later. And that was when Jim swung the shovel towards the nearest person.