055

Jihoon's POV

"Thank you..for uh, today." Seoyoon shyly smiled as I pulled up infront of her house.

"No, Thank you. For giving us a chance to make things right." I smiled back to her and held her hand.

She gave me a warm smile.
The smile i've been longing to see again.
The girl that I thought I have officially lost, was right infront of me.
Smiling with no pretences.
She was allowing me to make things right, she was giving me a second chance to prove my love for her like I never even hurt her in the first place.

"I'll see you." She finally said goodbye and hopped off my car.

I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
I couldn't even get myself to drive away until she got inside of her house.
My heart was so happy.
I was so happy.
No words could describe the feeling that I have right now, it was way beyond happiness.

Seoyoon.

I though I've lost her.
I thought I would have to go through another years of pain.
But now, I was beginning to find a new hope for myself and I can promise this time, I won't hurt her.
I never imagine her being the one to reach out to me despite everything that had happened.
I almost felt useless for not doing anything for the past month to prove to her how much I really love and care for her.
I guess because I was scared of the thought of her pushing me away again and I hated seeing her cry all the time because of me.
But now, she came up to me to try and fix things.
I felt stupid, I could've done it myself.
I should be the one seeking for forgiveness and not her.
I didn't understand why suddenly, she had to apologise for being hurt.
But that doesn't matter now.
Because now, I got another chance.
I will make things right for the both of us,
It doesn't matter if I have to start back at zero.
I will bring back what both used to have.
I will.

***

"How did it go?" Minhyun hyung asked as he walked towards me.

I didn't say anything back to him and just pulled him into a hug.
he earned back the trust he once lost. if it weren't for him, this wouldn't have happened

"I'm guessing it went well?" He chuckled, pulling away from me.

"It's a step, rather." I smiled back to him.

I walked over to the others and sat down on the couch, grabbing a can of beer as I do so.

"It's been a while since we last saw you smile this much." Seongwu hyung commented.

"It's good to have you back bro." Daniel hyung joined.

It is.
It felt good for me too.
It felt good to finally be okay, I know, I shouldn't be over confident about this.
But now that I have my chance to make things right, there's nothing else I could think of but to do better.
I finally can do the things that I wanted to show her, to prove myself.
It may take long to get her to fully trust me again, but I know for sure that i'm patient enough to wait for her.
That's all that i've been wanting to happen.
And now that I could grab that, what's not to be happy about?

"To second chances." Minhyun hyung raised his can in the air.

"To second chances." We all toasted.

To second chances.

****

Seoyoon's POV

It felt great to have and forgive people who had hurt me.
I thought forgiving them was the hardest thing to do but little did I know it was actually the only way to get rid of the pain.
Yes I know, it's weird that i'm suddenly okay with what happened between Jihoon and I.
How did I get myself to allow him on having another chance?
I don't know actually, I just did.
Maybe because I knew I had to.
I'm not gonna deny that I love him.
Jihoon was my first love and will always be the one to make my heart happy.