Chapter 2

I look around the place and everything that happened yesterday comes flooding back to me. I get up slowly and I go outside trying to find the guy who took care of me. But I don't see him anywhere. I was just about to leave when I hear a rustling behind me. I turn around and I see the guy behind me.

I get in attack mode waiting for him to hurt me or kill me. Maybe he is one of those guys that won't hurt or kill a girl unless they were healed. He just looked at me and shook his head. He goes back into his hut I stand there for a moment thinking if I should run or stay. But then my curiosity got the best of me and I ended up following him inside.

Once I'm inside I go over to him and sit next to him as he was setting up a fire. "Why did you save me? Why didn't you just let me die?" I asked him a little angrily. I wait for him to say something and at first I thought he didn't hear me and was just ignoring me. But soon he speaks up.

"I did it because of what my village and your village did to you. I saw what happened I was cast out once like you were. I didn't believe in what they believed in. So they thought it best to just get rid of me after they beat me up as well. I thought I was going to be a goner but someone helped me out and saved me. I swore I would do it to someone too if it happened to them as well," he said.

I look at him processing the words he told me. I never knew someone could be so nice. Here I thought everyone was bad rather they were human or not. I lean towards him and take a sniff at him. He doesn't even flinch or move away he just let's me.

A person's smell can tell me what kind of person they are. He was human and I didn't smell hatred or resentment on him. I didn't even smell blood lust. All the humans and wolves that I have met or interacted with usually had any of those smells. But he didn't.

"When I'm all healed up I'll leave and won't bother you. Thank you for your help even though I didn't ask for it," I said with a little begrudging respect in my voice. I get up and am about to go to the river and clean myself up. When he stops me by grabbing my arm gently.

"Don't need to thank me I told you why I did it. You can thank me by helping me out some around here. Won't ask much from you since your healing. But I'm sure you can help me out in other ways. I'm not talking about sex either. You look about what? 13 or 14 years old?" He asked me with curiosity.

I look over at him shocked that he would touch me without being so rough. I think I will die from being so shocked more than my wounds would kill me. I say to myself sarcastically. It took me a moment to realize that he was talking to me. To be honest I didn't fully listen to what he was saying.

He could tell for he ended up repeating himself. "I'm 14 years old and I will help you out. Till my debt is paid back. After that I will leave without bothering you again," I said to him. He looks at me for a moment and he opens his mouth.

I wait to hear what he was going to say next. But he let me go and turned away from me. As if he knew where I was going to go. He hands me a towel and some bandages and some change of clothes for me. That looked like they would be too big for me. But knew that they would have to do.

I walk away and head towards the river. I follow the sounds the river makes and before long I'm at the river. I start to take off my clothes and unwrap my wounds. When I hear a twig snap behind me. I turn around to see who it was. Thinking there was someone there. When I see a rabit go bounding by.

I jump startled and then I laugh at myself. I shouldn't be so jumpy there is no way that there was anyone else around here. The village was some distance away for I didn't hear any people. I go back to what I was doing which was cleaning myself and my wounds.

I hear another twig snap as I was waist high in the river. I quickly squat down to try to hide my naked body. Rather it was another animal or not. When I see someone walking towards me. I growl low and get in a crouch waiting to see if this person was going to attack. But it was the guy who saved my life.

"Thought I would check up on you and was hoping I wouldn't find you dead on the floor. It can be dangerous around here at times. So be careful here's a knife. I know you don't need it but thought I would bring it and give it to you just in case. Also you don't have to leave once your all healed up. You can stay with me till your older," he said to me.

I watch him set the knife down next to my clothes and he turns his back so I could have some privacy while he waits for my answer. I didn't know if it was going to be a good idea to stay with him longer than necessary. I was raised to defend for myself and to never let my guard down.

Never rely on others to take care of you or feed you. I was raised to be by myself. I don't know how to be around other people. Let alone humans. But where else do I have to go? I don't have a home. The only place I've ever known is the village I grew up in. I never considered that place home.

But it gave me what I need to survive. Despite what the villagers, and my so called parents did to me. They at least made sure that I was fed. "Alright I'll stay with you until I'm 18 then I will leave. I'm sure I can find another place to live during that time," I said.

He doesn't turn back around to look at me. Instead I saw him nod his head and walk away. Once he was out of ear shot. I got up and finished washing myself. I re-bandage my wounds. Then I get dressed and heads back to the hut. That will be my home till I was 18. But I don't even know his name and he doesn't know mines.

I walk inside of the hut and I face him standing up. "My name is Dani Wolf what should I call you?" I asked him. He looks at me. "Just call me Jon it's nice to meet you Dani. Will you help me make supper? I know you must be hungry," he said. As if my stomach second that. I hear it growl in answer.

I felt my face get hot. I nod my head and he and I set to work on making dinner for us both. I hunted the animal we were going to eat. He skinned it and cooked it and soon it was time to eat. We sat in silence as we ate. Once done I help clean up the mess.

Before long I start to get sleepy. As if he could tell himself he sets up a bed for me in a corner. I go over to it and lay down. Before long I fall asleep. At first I don't dream about anything. But before long I get pulled into a dream that feels like a nightmare.

*The dream*

I'm in the woods I'm trying to run away from the thing that is chasing me. No matter how fast I ran I felt the thing trying to catch up.

*Authors note*

Decided to change both of my sons names that's the only change I'm making to this story. Unless I have to change other stuff.