Time Isn't an Ally [Chapter 11]

Start from the beginning

"No it's not. You're lying!" he suddenly yelled, rolling over and getting off of the bed. Obviously, I was dragged across the bed and onto the floor.

"Whoa, what the fuck?!" I yelled back, looking up at him. He looked back at me and started walking towards the door; dragging me behind him. "Oh no you don't!" I grabbed then handcuffs and pulled hard, forcing Joe to stumble backwards and fall onto the floor. I rolled and pinned him down. He struggled against me, crying out.

"Get off of me, Izazya!" he yelled, trying to bite me. I moved slightly and pressed my weight harder onto him.

"No, Joe. I need to know why you suddenly hate me so much," I replied calmly. "Calm down."

"I will not calm down! Don't tell me what to do!" he yelled again in reply.

"Master Greenwood, is everything alright?" I heard a familiar voice say outside the door.

"Pene-"

"He's fine!" I yelled. "If you'd kindly fuck off, please."

"Master Greenwood, would you like me to get your father? Security maybe?" Penelopé replied.

"YES!" Joe yelled.

"No thanks!" I replied.

"Okay, I'll go get him," she said. I heard her fast-paced footsteps as she left.

"For fuck's sake!" I growled, standing up and dragging Joe across the floor as I made my way to the door.

"Izazya!" Joe whined as he tried to get to his feet. I carried on walking. "Izazya!"

"Any other situation and I'd love you whining my name," I sighed and stopped. He got to his feet and looked at me. He then proceeded to punch me in the face.

"Asshole. You really think going after her is a good idea?" Joe asked, shaking his head.

"Not exactly, but you and her..." my sentence trailed off as I thought about it and shivered.

"Izazya, I was drunk and pissed off, it meant nothing."

"Man whore."

"I'll punch you again. Now, on the bed." Joe pointed to the bed.

"Well, if you insist..." I grinned and winked at him, going to the bed and sitting down.

"Idiot," Joe rolled his eyes and shoved me completely onto the bed before covering me up with the sheets.

"Oh, I get your drift." I laughed quietly.

Joe's POV

I leaped onto the bed and pulled the sheets over me, briefly kicking Izazya in the head.

"Ow!" he hissed.

"You're lucky I'm covering for you here, my dad's got the power to have you deported from the country." I replied in a low voice.

"You'd be coming with me," he replied, rattling the handcuffs.

"Sh!" I hissed, kicking him again.

"Fine," he sighed, but got slightly closer to me. I sighed and rolled my eyes, but I didn't mind; he was warm.

"Joe? Everything okay?" I heard my father say as he opened the door to my bedroom. I looked at him and smiled.

"Yeah, why?" I asked casually, yawning right on cue.

"Penelopé said you were yelling for... Izazya to get off of you?" he asked, looking confused.

"Oh, I was having a bad dream," I replied, looking around him to see her staring at me.

"Then how come you replied?" she asked accusingly.

"Because I woke up," I replied again with a smile.

"Okay then, Joe. Go back to sleep." My father smiled and nodded, before walking out. Shortly after, Penelopé turned on her heels and walked away, closing the door. I sighed in relief and Izazya poked his head out from under the sheets.

"Okay, so that's over." He said, "but how the hell am I going to get home?"

It took half an hour before the hallways in the house were clear. I looked at Izazya and nodded before dragging him from the room towards the stairs. We stepped carefully; avoiding the creaky floorboards.

"Why does this feel like every other night I had with the girls from school?" Izazya asked, obviously joking around. I looked at him and rolled his eyes.

"And you call me a man whore." I replied with a grin.

"Yes, I do. Problem?"

"Shut up, someone's going to hear!" I whispered, dragging him down the rest of the stairs.

We got to the front door safely, but things went downhill from there.

"I knew you had someone here!" penelopé yelled from the end of the hall. I heard the click of a camera and I sighed.

"You think that's going to work, Penelopé?" I asked with a sigh. "Whatever, bye."

I was about to drag Izazya from the house, but I was stopped in my tracks. Izazya kept firmly in place; he and Penelopé having some form of a staring contest. He pulled the handcuffs lightly, signalling he was about to move so that I didn't fall. He moved forwards and I followed with little resistance. She stayed firmly in place.

"Penlopé," Izazya almost growled her name; some obvious hate was going on here.

"Izzy." She replied, twisting the camera in her hands.

"It's Izazya to you, only he calls me Izzy," he pointed at me. "Along with my family."

"I'm practically family." She snarled.

"Were, Penelopé. You know my family hate you for what you did." Izazya replied, his voice harsh and angular. The tension in the air could have been cut with a knife it was that thick at this moment.

"Damon deserved it, Izazya. He was an asshole."

I watched Izazya carefully; the way he tensed completely, the way his eyes narrowed and he gritted his teeth as he balled his hands into fists.

"You deserve it Penelopé! He should still be here!" Izazya yelled. "Why is he now half way across the world? Oh wait, yeah. You drove him fucking insane!"

"Izazya, calm down..." I whispered.

"No Joe, I will not calm down!" he yelled, stepped forwards. I pulled back, yanking the handcuffs.

"Come on Izzy, leave it..." Izazya looked at me, the anger now gone from him.

"You actually called me Izzy again," he smiled. "We can go... Right after this."

Izazya turned back to Penelopé. His eyes scanned her up and down slowly and his lip curled up in a snarl.

"Fucking bitch," he slammed his hand down onto the camera, knocking it out of her hands. She squealed; backing off a few steps. "What's wrong, scared of me? You'd have fought me a year ago, but that was just to impress my family, right?" he smirked and picked up the camera, turning it over in his hands. "I'll take this, and I really hope we do not cross paths again, Penelopé. Because next time, I promise I will kill you." Izazya grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the front door, leaving Penelopé - and the people who had congregated around us - confused and fearful.