Time Isn't an Ally [Chapter 3]

Joe's POV

A week had passed, but it felt like so much longer. I didn't know where he was... Izazya. That wonderfully kind, funny, incredibly sexy and quick-mouthed Izazya. I began to wonder how life would be without him. Normal, that's for sure. The voice in my head said; I'm not crazy, I swear. Not yet, anyway.

              I hadn't heard from him, it made me worry. What if something had happened? Could that be possible? Already? The thought of Izazya injured made me shiver violently; it wasn't something I could afford to think about.I hung upside down on my bed, staring at the door. Soon, he'd be home. I'd get to see him, hold him, kiss him... I sighed.

"Please come home, Izazya." I whispered, not that he'd hear. There was one thing that he'd see though, he'd be under the same sky as me. He'd see the same moon, the same stars. It kind of gave me hope, knowing at least we'd both see something the other had seen.

I'd been sat on my bed for at least another hour, before the door opened. My mother gave me an unpleasant look, disgusted, and threw something into the middle of the room, before walking out and slamming the door behind her. Ever since she had found out I was gay, she hadn't treated me the same; it was like I was now a burden. I sighed heavily, looking at the white envelope that was facing downwards on the carpet. My curiosity took the better of me and I pushed myself off of the bed and I crawled over to the envelope. Cautiously, I picked it up and turned it over, running my fingers over the writing. Joseph Greenwood, was this some kind of formal letter? Gingerly, I flipped the envelope over, opening it and pulling out the contents. Opening out the paper, I began to read.

Dear Joseph,

I know you hate me calling you Joseph, but your reactions are so funny. I'm sorry. And not just for calling you Joseph. I'm sorry I'm not with you right now, and that I can't be for the next few years, but hopefully we can get by. I hope you're not too upset, I hate you being upset.

I miss you... More than anything in the world. Who knew such a short period of time could make me realise that, and so many more things. One of them is that I can't go a single hour without thinking about you, needing you. I don't exactly know what to say, I just need to know you're okay. Kelsey told me your family are giving you a hard time - is that true? I'm so sorry if they are, I take full responsibility, although I can't do anything about it. That hurts. I promise, we'll be together again soon. Even if it kills me, I'll see you.

My love, forever and always.

~Izazya Denail, your boyfriend.

I re-read the letter over and over again, not realising the tears streaming down my face. I wanted to reply, but at the minute, I couldn't bring myself to. A new ache began, my chest contracting painfully; as if it were craving something... Or someone. I began to sob, clutching the letter to my chest as if it were a life-source.

As soon as my sobs subsided, I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialled my dad's number. He picked up immediately.

"Joe," he murmured, caution in his voice. I sniffled.

"Dad, I need to come stay with you," I croaked.

"I'll be there in an hour, get what you need." With that, the line disconnected. I gulped, placing my phone back into my pocket and standing up shakily; clutching the letter still. I looked at it, reading it over again and forcing back the tears that pricked up in my eyes. I folded it carefully, placing it in the pocket of my shirt, right over my heart. That's where Izazya belonged.

An hour later, I heard the door open, and an argument began immediately.

"Ian, what the hell are you doing here?" my mother asked.