valentines.

valentine's day, the day that some people may love with their dearest hearts, but also the day that people hate with a burning passion. all because they don't have anyone to love and share the day with.

it was your 16th time alone on valentine's day. you had boyfriends before but they'd never last as long as february.

school had finished, your parents were working until late hours so you decided to get dressed up and go out with your friends, you guys were planning on going to a restaurant.

you showered first, drying your hair off and putting the thick gel in your hair to keep your curls in place. you then moisturised and exfoliated. after that you put a little concealer, blush & bronzer on before finishing your lashes up with some mascara. not forgetting your lipgloss that you coated on your lips.

you then looked through your closet for something to wear. it was all very basic but you made do and in the end wore some mom jeans & a medium sleeved lace top that brought out your boobs. not that you were very confident about how huge they were.

you took one last look in the mirror, you knew something was missing & then you rifled through your drawers to find a padlocked necklace. it went perfect with the outfit and then you ran out of the house.

you got into your car and drove to the restaurant. it wasn't really a restaurant, it was more of a diner. once you parked up you walked inside and you were greeted by the smells of luxury. you saw plates of steak being given to people which made your mouth water.

you sat down in the booth and waited for your friends. 10 minutes went by, 15 minutes went by. none of them came.

you decided to give the group chat a text and then you set down your phone, looking around the diner at all the couples. which made your heart sink.

1 hour went by slowly and you texted the chat again. you got a response from bailey saying she was staying in with her mum because she was sick. a response from addy saying she can't make it because josh had come over. julia said she can't come because her and kirsty were together. and katie couldn't come because she was seeing alejandro again.

great. they're all fucking busy.

you ordered a milkshake and just sighed staring at the empty booth in front of you, couples were leaving now as it was late and even workers were leaving.

you were about to get up when someone came and sat infront of you. he had dark dark brown hair and a smile of gold. his eyes locked with yours and he then smiled.

"either you're here all alone or you've been stood up. i'm guessing the second option as you've dressed up so h- beautiful"

"yeah.... me and my friends were meant to be here but, i guess it's just me"

"oh... i'm sorry"

"yeah..... how about you?"

"here alone. i hate valentine's day"

"yeah. same"

"thank fuck i thought i was the only one, i spend it alone all the time"

"same!!! what's your name by the way?"

"mattia, polibio"

"ohhh. you not from around here?"

"i am. i'm a junior"

"oh.."

"what's your name?"

"y/n."

"well, y/n. you have a beautiful name"

"thank you mattia"

"you play any sports?"

"yeah. i'm on the girls cheerleading team, basic i know"

"no it's not basic, i'm on the soccer team"

"that's cool"

"well... it's getting pretty empty in here, how about we crash at mine, snacks on me?"

"sure"

you both get up and you have a smile practically plastered on your face. you both walk out after him paying the check for the 2 milkshakes you ordered, which you didn't want him to.

you drive home, learning that you guys have the exact same taste in music because you loved and recognised all the songs he played. you soon pulled up to a large house.

you get out and he unlocks the door. you didn't really know what else happened that night apart from drinking lots and lots. but you did wake up in a hoodie you didn't recognise, chocolate all over your face and most importantly, in mattia's arms.

this was definitely a valentine's to remember.

a/n;
this is so so late i'm sowwy. hope u like dis tho i love u all and i'll hopefully be updating more :)