Chapter 7

Alia stands on the balcony....brushing her hair.

Anakin leans against the wall, watching her in awe.

"Every second I was thinking of you... protecting the endless, nameless Outer Rim settlements became a torture.....the battles were easy, the longing became unbearable... I've never been so happy as I am at this moment," Anakin smiled.

"After the war... lets go to Naboo and start a family. We could go to the lake country, where no one would know... where we would be safe," Alia replied.. turning to face Anakin.

"You are so beautiful!" Anakin said... walking up towards Alia.

"It's only because I'm so in love..." Alia smiled.

"No, it's because I'm so in love with you," Anakin smirked.

"So love has blinded you?" Alia questioned.

"Well... that's not exactly what I meant," Anakin said.

"But it's probably true," Alia smiled.

They both laughed.

"I haven't laughed in so long..." Anakin replied pulling Alia in for a hug.

"Well I did laugh earlier.... when you decided to land that bucket of bolts, and I thought we were all gonna die," Alia smirked.

*********

Padme was on a table in an alien medical chamber.... she was giving birth and screaming, she turned her head towards Alia.

"Alia, help me! help Alia! Please.... you are my best friend," Padme screamed.

Alia just stands there in shock... she looked down and noticed her legs weren't moving.

Padme screams out for her... and then she suddenly dies.

**********

Alia awakens in panic... she is covered in sweat. She looks over in bed and sees Anakin sound asleep next to her. Alia slowly gets out from under the sheets and sits on the side of the bed.... Her breathing grew heavily, she puts her head in her hands and weeps.

She regains her composure and leaves the room... down a set of stairs.

Alia slowly walks down a flight of stairs onto a large veranda... The vast city planet of Coruscant, smoldering from the battle, is spread out before her....

She thought to herself...

It had been years since she's had a nightmare.... why did they come back? Was Padme in danger? Is she pregnant? Is Padme going to die?

She suddenly snapped out of her deep thoughts when she felt Anakin grab her hand... She doesn't look at him.

"What's bothering you?" Anakin questioned.

"I-It's nothing," Alia replied.

She turns towards him... and gently touches his metal arm, remembering what had happened.

"Alia, how long is it going to take  for us to be honest with each other?" Anakin asked.

"It was just a dream," Alia stated.

"Bad?" Anakin questioned.

"Remember when you started having dreams about your mother just before she died and how I started having dreams about you killing me?" Alia replied.

"Y-Yeah... And?" Anakin replied... completely confused on where is was going.

"W-Well the dream I had was about Padme... and she was giving birth... and then she suddenly died....." Alia paused looking out into the city.

"Is Padme pregnant? If so who's the father?" Alia continued.

Anakin was completely quiet....

Alia felt that he was guilty... something must have happened while she was gone.... but it didn't make any sense, they both had missions...if what she was thinking was true, when did it happen?

Anakin pulled Alia into a hug... but she pulled away.

"I-It's you? isn't it?" Alia said looking up at him.

"A-Alia... the last thing I wanna do is hurt you, can we please talk about this tomorrow?" Anakin replied... he knew if she found out the truth, it would destroy her.... like its destroying him.... he completely regrets what he did, but nothing can change that now.

she nodded and took his hand...