Chapter: 6 [Edited]

Start from the beginning

We must have a mole. No one is supposed to know where we are.

Fury said we have company, he can smell a rat but he can never actually find them.

Why would Hydra send two children of all people to take us out? They're not so stupid to put their young in danger, are they?

There's something about those girls that I can't put my finger on, and I don't like not knowing things.

Damn that girl's got a good left hook! I'm going to have a headache for days.

The men were so familiar and I have a hunch as to why, but I'm not going to make assumptions until I hear it from their minds or their own mouth. As much as I hate Shield I won't kill someone the way I plan to kill my parent's murderers if they're not the murderers.

My thoughts and attention shift to the door when the knob starts moving, a man walks in dressed in a black shirt and black sweatpants, I think we caught them just before they were going to call it a night. "My name's Agent Kenley. What's your name?" his deep voice rattled around in my head until I pinpointed what thoughts I had heard were his. He's the one that knows there's something off about us, he sat across from me at the table and looked at me with expressive eyes. I was kind of disappointed that he didn't try to hide his feelings from me, I enjoy digging around facial features. "You've gotten yourself caught in a very dangerous situation with dangerous people, do you understand that?"

My face remains blank as he continues speaking and he sighs, I smirk in my mind and tether Willow's mind to my own, I'm going to play some mind games, you'll know when it's time to play your part.

"Why are you here?" I ask blankly, causing the man to look at me strangely and I easily scavenge the answer from his mind, "Ahh, one of your agents went rogue, you were sent to fetch him. Such a shame you came too close to us, we would've left you alone if you were just one town further. However, you were just a little too close."

"How do you know that?" he asks, his blue eyes drilling into my own trying to figure me out. I'm not that easy to figure out though, Madame B made sure of that, he, however, was easy.

"Are there other teams in the area?" 'Are there other teams in the area?' One Shield team is enough to cripple a country, half a Shield team could have been sent to fetch Ross. This man is different. He was too confident in his team's ability, usually, even the best of teams aren't this confident. "Alone, and very confident in your team's ability to get the job done. Interesting."

He was starting to get nervous now, he's not used to people knowing things only he knew, especially a child. "How do you know all of this?"

"You should guard your mind better, your defenses are very sloppy." I lean forward, it's time to get the information I want now, this Ross man he was thinking about was one of our undercover men and he passed his loyalty test when I checked him. "Where were you three years ago?"

The man's eyes widened when I asked the question and his thoughts were all jumbled together and all over the place. My blood went cold when I heard what his mind had to say, Our first mission- the tiger got Henry- the bear took his brother. I stabbed the tiger in the neck. Anger coursed through me when I put his face to one of the men I saw that day.

"You remember their names don't you?" I feel my blood boil seeing the man who killed my mother right in front of me. "Elizabeth and Thomas Griffin. Do you ever feel guilty for killing them?" The ground begins to shake and I smile evilly at him as he looks around scared and confused falling out of his chair as he tries to get up. I stand, easily breaking the cuffs off of my hands and walk around the table menacingly, "You should have made sure that your past wouldn't catch up to you," Willows anger fuels me as my own fuels her own. Recently we discovered that we could create a bond that would always be there and I didn't have to initiate one every time I wanted to talk to her. "You should have killed us as children, we're grown now, and were vengeful."