what happens in paris

so the last time I updated this was five months ago... I'm sorry?? I just really haven't had the inspiration for this story but now I'm lowkey in the mood for spy thriller writing (thanks to that james bond trailer) so hopefully, the next update won't be five months away but no promises. Anyways things are heating up and our girl (Y/N) is in emotional distress so that's not good, but o be fair she does have a lot on her plate right now. As always thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and leave comments! 

-----------> 

"Your dead brother?" Madeline asked, an hour after the fact. The two of them are sitting in the grass overlooking a man-made pond outside of Paris. They'd just checked into a hotel there and were waiting for British Government to respond, and for the heat to die down in Paris. (Y/N) had left Madeline to handle arrangements, and disappeared outside to think. Naturally, Madeleine handled it and then followed, concerned for the woman she'd only known for about a day.

"You want an explanation." (Y/N) guessed, suddenly straightening in an attempt to keep her feelings from being known.

"Am I that transparent?" She says sarcastically.

"My brother was CIA before I was. Which we didn't know until after he was gone, we just thought that he worked for the government. I was in college, home visiting my mom, and these guys just come to the door and tell us that he died in an explosion bomb or something. My mom breaks down sobbing, and she doesn't stop for the next week. Flash forward two years later, I joined the agency and found out my brother is a legend, the top of his class, one of the best in the business but they never told me that he was still alive, guess they wanted something to hold over me."

"Does your government make a habit of keeping important details from their agents?"

"They all do, trust me," (Y/N) digs her fingers into the grass, "All of that to say, if my brother is looking for us, then the CIA is putting out the big guns, and it won't take him long to figure out that we've left the city. So whatever you're going to do, do it, unless you're ready to turn me over."

"I'm not." Madeleine replied, more forcefully than she'd meant to. "I just checked in, and we should be getting a response soon on how to proceed. We're not turning you over until we have Holland or his father in our custody, those are the orders." She thought of something, "How do you know that your brother is looking for you? He could be the new agent there sending after Holland."

(Y/N) stood up and looked out at the water, "He's always loved to torture me." She paused, "He knows how much I hate to play cat and mouse." With that, she walked off in the direction of the hotel and this time Madeline didn't follow.

They spent the next two holed up in the french countryside. It would've been nice, if (Y/N) wasn't incredibly anxious about her brother finding them, or any CIA finding them, or Tom Holland finding them or MI6 suddenly realizing that she wasn't worth the trouble. The lack of clear and present danger gave her a lot of time to think about exactly what she had done and how crazy it was. She'd never seen herself as the kind of agent who would get so involved in an operation that she would be willing to risk it all to see it through, but there was something about this one. Something about him, maybe it was the fact that he'd almost killed her, but then saved her life or maybe it was the reason why he even saved her in the first place.

Halfway through she got a text from a burner phone. It went through to her own burner phone which she'd forgotten that she had when it'd buzzed in her luggage she'd physically jumped, but when she saw the message on the screen she smiled. The message was from her contact, the accountant, telling her that he had more information and that he wanted to meet, in Paris. For a second, she wondered why he's moved to Paris from Spain but she'd suspected that amazingly he hadn't been caught and was moving with the organization.

The first thing she did was talk to Madeline, whose answer to the statement of I'm going to go was a resounding, "No."

"It wasn't a question." (Y/N) replied, almost rolling her eyes.

"You can't leave and go back into the city. You said it yourself he's the best of the best, if you get back into the city that's an even higher chance that he'll find you, it's that simple."

"But if I miss out on this lead, then what was this even all for? This guy gave me good information before, he'll do it again and we'll catch Holland and this will all be over with."

"Or you'll get caught, your government will ship you off to supermax and Holland will disappear forever. Have you ever considered that this could all be a trap? You were caught by another agent, they could use that to your advantage."

"I have to take that chance."

"You talk in too many absolutes, be smart about this." Madeleine warned her, "I'm beginning to see why they thought you were too close to me."

(Y/N) gritted her teeth, "Fine, your right. I won't go. See you later." She stomped off back to the room, hoping that Madeline Believed that she was just going to sit back in the room again. Later that night, she snuck out the window of the hotel to get past Madeleine. She hotwired a car, very quietly and drove into Paris, knowing that she was doing what was right.

She made it to the accountant's apartment by nine in the morning. . By that time, the effects of her whirlwind European adventure, and the fact that she hadn't slept well in days, were catching up to her and she stifled a yawn and she walked up the stairs. She knocked on the door, once and then twice and then three times but she didn't dare say anything. The worry that Madeleine was right crept up her back. She took a breath and picked the lock, entering the apartment slowly, looking for anything that could jump out at her. She made it through the main apartment and then when she got to the bedroom, she closed the door behind her, and saw the note on the nightstand.

Can't believe you fell for it.

Come out with your hands up.

Her blood went cold. So Madeline had been right the whole time, even though the door was closed she knew what was waiting for her on the other side. A million thoughts ran through her head, and she panicked before taking a breath and trashing the room. She was looking for anything that they hadn't found when they'd searched the place, anything that could give her the lead she needed before she escaped. When she made it to the drawers, a voice sounded out from behind the door, a voice that sent a shiver down her spine and almost made her throw up on the spot.

"We already searched the place. Don't know what you're looking for in there, but you always were a little behind the curve weren't you?"

She flipped over the drawer in rage, and out fluttered a piece of paper. She quickly picked it up and skimmed it over, smile because it was exactly what she had been looking for. Then she picked up a lamp and headed over to the window. She broke the window with a low crack, and the glass played all over the floor and cut some of her arms. She climbed out of the window just as someone broke through the front door, she hung over the edge for a second, the wind blowing her hair to the side. She could hear the cars below her on the street, but she tried not to think about it as she let go of the ledge.

She fell for a couple of seconds before her feet landed on a ledge that separated the roof from the rest of the apartments, it was thick enough that she could walk on it with ease but in the beginning, she scrambled up and held on to the wall to catch her breath. Sophia peered out the window above her, surprised etched onto her face before she was pushed out of the way and (Y/N)'s brother came into view. Alex (L/N), smiled cruelly, and (Y/N) could half hear him give orders to other agents inside the apartment. She half-heard him before she was already scrambling the rest of the way down the building, desperate to make it to the ground before he could get her, once she was close enough she jumped into a tree and tumbled through some of the branches before climbing down.

In the windshield of the first car she saw, Madeleine stared at her with eyes wide. (Y/N) stumbled over as fast as she could, got into the passenger and said, "Go."

When they were a ways away from the apartment, she leaned back into the seat. Her breathing was ragged, her head hurt from the tree tumble and her arms were bleeding from the glass.

"Did you jump out the window?"

"I climbed." She replied, her vision beginning to go spotty. She pulled out the piece of paper she'd gotten from the apartment and put it on the dashboard, "He's-going-to-berlin." She said before her vision went dark.