not as planned

*insert excuse number nine hundred and ninety-nine here about why I haven't updated* well I am updating now and that's what really matters. apologies because I didn't edit this at all, but I'm putting it out into the world now. definitely not making any more promises on when I'll update next mostly because I have to re plot this entire thing and it's going to take me a while but yeah enjoy and thanks for reading. Make sure to vote and comment and do the things :)  

-- ahh I uploaded this without replacing my placeholder name sorry! I just got the chance to fix it but I have been cringing at myselfall day don't worry. 

-------

"If we're going to be partners, I need you to be upfront with me-about everything." Madeline narrowed her eyes at (Y/N)

"What makes you think I'm hiding something?" (Y/N) asked.

"Common sense." Madeline leaned back into her chair.

The two of them sat in a hotel business center in Paris, at opposite computers but continuing to talk to one another. (Y/N)sighed and thought of some way to cleverly say yes without actually saying yes. "I'll tell you what you need to know, but beyond that I can't make you any promises."

"And let me guess, you'll decide what I need to know?"

"Obviously."

"Let me remind you that I could turn you in at any time."

"But you need me. You said it yourself, no one knows him as well as I do." (Y/N)shrugged, hoping that she still had the upper hand, or at least some leverage.

"And I'm beginning to wonder why that is." The two of them sat in silence for a while, before Madeline cleared her throat and stood up. "You do not have the advantage here, but seeing as your half right I won't push. I expect you to answer the questions I ask, honestly or I won't hesitate to turn you over to your government. Good? Good." She kept talking before (Y/N)could say anything else, "Let's go upstairs " (Y/N)nodded, and followed.

"So Rich Moreno is dead then?" Madeline asked, walking the length of the small room her mind spinning.

"I'm about ninety percent sure."

"Ninety." She stopped right in front of (Y/N)and regarded her with a curious look.

"I mean I didn't want the life drain from his eyes or anything, something could've happened but he hasn't popped up again since then, so I'm guessing-"

"But didn't you make sure that whatever you did killed him?"

"I mean yeah, but if we're being honest here it wasn't my best work." (Y/N)shrugged, slightly embarrassed but trying to play it off. "I was distracted. I'm not saying it was sloppy but it wasn't undetectable KGB work."

"And you were distracted because-"

"Classified."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that and move on. So either Rich Moreno is dead and someone else is carrying on his plan or he's alive and pulling strings behind the scenes."

"Is this your usual thought process? Saying everything your thinking out loud and pacing the room like a soccer mom who can't figure out where she left her keys?"

"Are you always so rude?" (Y/N)didn't say anything in return. "For the record, this is all to keep you in the loop. The order to bring you in on this came from people above me, I thought it was stupid to bring in some rouge american as if this wasn't hard enough already. I could have this solved already if I didn't have to spend time running around Europe to find you." Madelien stopped pacing and sat on top of the desk in the left side of the room. "What did Rich Moreno say to you before you- offed him?"

"So much stuff." (Y/N)shook her head, "'I will be the man who takes down Tom Holland', 'A plan is already in motion', 'you'll see'. And based on that first thing only I would assume that he would be the one to carry out this plan, but when he says it's already in motion that could suggest that there are other people involved. But if that's true than who?"

"How would a bunch of american crime lords get all the way to London without setting off alarms with any major intelligence agencies?"

"Easier than you would think." (Y/N)sat silently for a while before standing up abruptly, "Okay, we need to do something, we can't just sit here and do nothing while he's out there. We need a lead."

Madeleine couldn't get a word in before her phone went off. "Well I think we just got one. Speaking of American crime lords getting into Europe undetected, Justin Lawrence just got flagged flying into Paris."

"Is he a scout or are they circling?"

"Let's find out, I have a contact who would know where they're going and I just set up a meeting." She tossed (Y/N)a pair of sunglasses and a beanie. "Keep that on." She directed and the two of them walked off into the streets of Paris.

The two of them went off to meet Madeline's contact near the bottom of the eiffel tower, because the amount of tourists would help (Y/N)"blend in" according to Madeleine. As they walked the streets, however (Y/N)got the sneaking suspicion that she was being watched by someone in particular someone familiar. She shook it off however and kept walking, and they made it to the base and waited for the contact to show up. It was then that she saw them out of the corner of her eye. Instinctively (Y/N)grabbed Madelines arm and began dragging her away from the meeting spot.

"What are you doing?" Madeline asked in a harsh whisper, sensing that something was wrong.

"Someone is following us." (Y/N)turned around briefly to see if they were still behind her, and sure enough far back through the crowd she could see two people one man and one woman in jackets and sunglasses walking briskly through the hordes of tourists covering the sidewalks. "Correction someone is following me but by extension you."

"Thanks for the clarification." Madeliene, pulled her arm free and began to walk next to Lila, matching her pace almost exactly. "Well first off if we're going to lose them, you have to stop walking like that- you look like your running away from the scene of a crime while trying to not be suspicious."

(Y/N)slowed down a little, even though her nerves were beginning to weigh on her. "Do you think we can lose them if we duck into the louvre?"

"Oh yeah, that's a tourist hotspot good idea." They turned and headed in the direction of the museum just as the two people that had been following them stepped out of the crowd and began to run towards them, without their sunglasses on so (Y/N)could see exactly who they were.

"Oh fu-" (Y/N)grabbed Madeline again and took off running as fast as she could until she could find a good hiding place, after what felt like forever she turned a corner and walked into a small shop, out of breath from running.

"What the heck was that?"

"Those people they sent after me-"

"-yeah?"

"One of them is my brother." She took a shaky breath outward, "My dead brother."