White Bishop

“Eru, I understand that you like Sarasa, but why are you cold towards me? She’s my little sister, nothing more.”

The elf looked up from his book, surprised at how the werebeast had come to him. Blank had obviously left. “I know she’s your little sister, but how do I know that she sees you a bit differently?”

Ookami had to think about that one. He did have a point. Was Sarasa simply putting the “big brother” title up so she could be close to him?

“In any case, I’m not going to take her from you. I’d be more worried about Cain…”

Eru’s gaze lowered. “She always has gone for his type when her personality is what it is now…”

“You know her from before?”

Eru nodded, setting the ruby-bound book aside. “I do. She was a… very close friend.”

Ookami caught a word. “’Was’?”

“I suppose it can’t be helped… I trust you, Werebeast, but only because I'm stuck with you. Please be sure to not tell Sarasa what I am about to speak of.

“Sarasa is not of this world, as you know. We come from almost the same world as Sora and Shiro. The only difference, is that we are from reality.”

“Isn’t this reality?” Ookami questioned.

Eru smiled. “This is a show, called No Game No Life. I know exactly what happens, as I have seen it. Same as Sarasa. We know Blank’s motives, and how exactly they will achieve their goal. But this is beside the point.

“Sarasa and I met when we entered a different show. There, I was much like Sora in personality. Of course, I wasn’t a genius, but I was a pervert and was loud and annoying. I was also like Cain when it came to bluntness. Things happened, and we ended up falling for each other all over again in a separate show. We did not know who each other were, and our memories of our lives previously were locked away. We eventually remembered, but…”

Eru sighed quietly, and Ookami could see his pain. “…In that show, someone didn’t like our relationship… And ended up murdering her, and her best friend there.”

Ookami balked. Sarasa had died?! How was she still alive, then?

“We talked to the one who was in charge of all of these different shows, and he said that we could bring her back,” Eru continued. “But if we did, she would not remember any of her memories of her time in these shows… It was the only way we could bring her back, so we agreed to it. She was sent back to reality, and I went after her to try and get her to remember.

“Adam specifically told me to not bring her to those past two shows, or she would undergo trauma, and it would bring everything into chaos. Once we have spent a good amount of time here, we can go back to the first, but not the one she had died in.”

Ookami was stunned, numb with all of this information while Eru took in a deep breath to finish.

“Please, don’t tell Sarasa this. She must not know of her past. Not yet. And, also… Don’t tell her, but she and I were married at one point, and we had four children together."

These kids already had offspring of their own?! And four of them?! And they were married?! This was all too much for Ookami.

“Ha ha, funny story…” he started. “Good imagination. Almost as good as Sarasa’s.”

Eru took his book with a smile. “I didn’t figure you would believe me. But no matter, just make sure that nothing I just told you comes to her. Also, do not mention the following names: ‘Anahi,’ ‘Gilbert,’ ‘Kyoya,’ ‘Nami,’ or ‘Eri.’ Is that clear?”