Black Queen

I rolled off my bed at Fii's knocking. I had gotten zero sleep last night with thoughts of Eru running through my head. When I got tired enough, I started hallucinating memories of he and I together in other animes. I even hallucinated that we had children... When it got to that point I gave up trying to sleep and just counted the stars out my window. I bet I counted the same star a hundred times, but it was no matter... So long as it kept me from thinking he was Prussia and I was some weird country.

I stumbled down to breakfast after I shrugged into a clean Kimono. I didn't care what I wore, so I ended up wearing a purple one with red lining. Ookami raised a brow at that, but didn't say anything. I bet he could tell I had a rough night...

"Would you like to see what all we have?" Fii asked, smiling as Clammy served us. She was very different while in servant mode.

"I was actually wondering if I would be able to speak to them in private," Eru interjected. "If that's alright with everyone, that is."

Ookami nodded. "I'm fine with that. I'd like to talk with you two as well, as Sarasa seems to evade my inquiries..."

"Bet if you were determined enough you'd get the answers you wanted..." I mumbled around a mouthful of food.

Eru smiled and Ookami sighed. "Alright, what do you think, Sasa?" Eru asked.

I shrugged, still bleary-eyed. "I'm to tired to argue..."

"Oh, did you not sleep well?" Fii asked, worried.

I smiled. "Oh, don't worry about it. It was my own fault. I'll sleep better tonight."

She gave me a relaxed smile, but one still worried. "Well, alright. Feel free to nap whenever you'd like."

"Believe me--she will..." Ookami grumbled.

Eru had an odd look on his face. It wasn't sad, but it wasn't happy, either... Masked irritation? Possibly... In any case, he moved on.

"Let's go to the pond," he proposed, dabbing his napkin to the corners of his mouth and standing. "We could also use that as a training ground if you so desired. I don't know what you magic-resistant animals do for games, but we'll see."

So he's also spying on us... We'll have to keep this a secret, then.

I relayed that to Ookami with one look. I hoped he understood it... We couldn't let anything slip. While soon the world would know what we used for games, we didn't need that leaking to the Elves quite yet. Blank had to win, first.

But then again, didn't Eru already know what the Werebests used...?

~*~

"Do you know how to message Blank?" I asked Eru. He has lost some of my trust with his statement, but I still felt close to him due to us both being from the real world.

He shook his head. "Unless I enchant paper, there's no way."

"No cell reception... Wait, what about a link? Did our cells come through as well?"

Eru frowned, standing and bringing out his smart phone. "Let's see if we can't rig a way to talk to them with no cell towers... But first..."

He aimed his phone at me and I covered my face with my arms. "Nonono!"

He laughed. "Oh, come on! It would be a waste to not take pictures of a neko!"

I glared at him. "Then take a picture of the inu!"

Ookami blinked. "This is the Ookami. The Inu is back in the Eastern Federation."

I raised my eyes heavenward. "Dear Lord give me strength to restrain my fists against this idiot..."