"Thermal goggles don't exactly work like that."

"I know that now." Siyeon replies bitterly. "So we go in the room, Yoohyeon's there. But so is a woman and next thing I know, SuA nails me and knocks me out."

They raise their eyebrows. "What?" They say together in shock. "SuA--"

"Was working with the woman, who's called Handong, and must be the one who killed Dami."

"That's terrible." Gahyeon puts a hand over her mouth.

"And then?" JiU continues.

"I woke up, restrained to a wall. Handong gave some stupid story about wanting to destroy my bloodline then told SuA to kill me." Her eyes close for a moment, remembering. "And she stabbed me. That's the last thing I remember before waking here."

JiU writes her account down in the notebook she brought with her.

"So SuA is working with Handong?"

"Yeah. She was the whole time." Siyeon looks away from them, out of the window. "What's going to happen now?"

"Currently, the heads of department are running the company and things are running...mostly smooth, we've had no leads on Dami's killer."

"How am I healing?" She then asks. "They didn't really tell me much."

"They didn't tell me much either." JiU admits. "But they say you're stable. Your injuries have been healing for four weeks, so I can assume that your injuries are mostly repaired. You should spend the next couple of months resting up and regaining your strength."

"Yet again." Siyeon mutters. "The amount of times I've been confined to hospital recently..." She grumbles, but doesn't protest. A yawn breaks through her tough exterior and she stifles it unsuccessfully.

"We'll be leaving now." JiU says, watching her yawn. "Rest well and I hope you get better soon." They get up together and move to the door.

"Keep me updated." Siyeon calls.

"Will do!"

***

Siyeon rests in her own bed, playing a computer game and listening to music. She clicks desperately with her right index finger on the mouse as her on-screen character fights off several enemies. Her other hand clicks a key on the keyboard to avoid hits. As her character finishes fighting, she releases a breath.

Yoohyeon pops her head into the room, her eyes crinkling in amusement. "I heard you killing some people."

"Yup. My character killed them with her bad-ass body." Siyeon replies and pats the bed beside her. "Come sit down."

Carefully, Yoohyeon clambers onto the bed and lies next to her. Siyeon puts her arm around her, reaching her hand out to the keyboard so that she could still continue playing her game as they chat.

"How are you?" Yoohyeon asks.

"Meh." Siyeon shrugs. "Not great. If I stop playing games like these, then I'll start thinking about everything I don't want to. So I keep playing to distract myself. But if I weren't playing games...I 'd probably be crying my heart out." She answers with brutal honesty.

"I'm glad you're being honest." Yoohyeon replies. "You can't ignore the world forever though."

"I know. I have to accept that things have changed, that Dami's dead and SuA's betrayed me before I can really move on." She sighs. "I just don't want to do that right now."

"I understand that." Yoohyeon watches as people start to attack Siyeon's character again. "I can't force you to 'get over it'. Just take it at your own pace. Things will always get better in the future."

"Wise words, Yoohyeon." She huffs and grins. "It's a shame that I've never been a fan of them." She shrugs and focuses back on her game.

"How did you sleep last night?" Yoohyeon asks. "I often hear you in the night."

"Badly. I have awful dreams. Usually, it's the moments before SuA stabs me."

"What happens?" She asks softly.

"She taunts me. But she doesn't talk like SuA. She tells me that she is my thoughts. All the doubts I have related to SuA. That she betrayed me, deceived me, that everything was an act."

"I'm really sorry, Siyeon." Yoohyeon apologises and burrows deeper into her.

"What for?"

"I was the one who encouraged you to seek out SuA for...romantic company."

"But it was me that felt like that. My thoughts tell me that her initial aloofness was just a way to draw me in, her saddening backstory a way to make me empathise."

"Hey, stop torturing yourself, Siyeon!" Yoohyeon pokes her in the head without looking.

"I can't help it!" She retorts. "It just...happens in my dreams."

"Okay, then we'll think of a way to stop that happening. Pause the game." She commands seriously and sits up.

Reluctantly, Siyeon pauses the game and turns to look at her.

"What services does your company offer?"

"Dami mentioned that they have a mental health team." Siyeon starts, knowing that that would be what she wants to hear.

"Perfect. Make an appointment with them as soon as you can."

"Sure." She replies half-heartedly.

"What's making you reluctant?" Yoohyeon asks, her voice bordering on playful confrontation.

"I don't know if they'll understand who I am when they treat me. Like I'll just be another person visiting them to sort out my problems. I guess, they won't get to know me."

"Psychiatrists are very nice people." Yoohyeon reassures. "And if you have one you don't feel is helping you in the right way, you can change freely, they won't bear any hard feelings against you because everyone works differently. And they're trained, they'll know what they're doing and try their best to help you."

"Like you're trying your best to persuade me." Siyeon smirks. "Alright, I'll call them later today."

"Great!" Yoohyeon exclaims with a grin. "I'll let you get back to your game."

A/N:
Not a very interesting chapter today but oh well.

Week 2 of lockdown. I am seriously bored to death but I'm spending all day drawing and playing games lol. I should do more studying really

Hope you all have a good day and stay safe.