Chapter 2: In The Cover of Light

Start from the beginning

All Might wasn't sure what he was expecting, but no one could have suspected a kid barely out of middle school to be as smart (if not more) as some of UA's best teachers.

• • • • •

Yagi was clearly not in the right state of mind, if you couldn't tell by his overly self-sacrificing attitude, or his lack of logic when it came to children, or his inability to keep his voice in a normal volume then surely you can tell now, because he invited a quirkless, high school student to lunch. As All Might.

Tsukauchi face palmed with an additional sigh as the blonde man, now in his skeleton form, presented a notebook on his desk?

So now he's taking homework from children? What is this about, their algebra lesson? Well he wished the number one hero did that during his time, because if this kid was a so called genius as Yagi claimed, then he would have needed it much more than him.

"Look, its one of his analysis notebooks, the one with my information in it" Yagi looked serious, azure eyes glinting almost as if it it carried the weight of the situation within them.

The boy had caught him by surprise, by impulse he had turned to All Might, but at least it brought this new information to light.

At this, Tsukauchi also turned serious, if it seemed this important to the man, than it must risk his secret. The detective still doesn't understand how though.

He took it carefully and flipped it to the page Yagi pointed to.

The change was almost identical to All Might's, face slowly morphing into one of disbelief and shock.

"Was this copied from the government's database?"

"Exactly!" Yagi held out a finger as if it could further prove his point, his thoughts exactly!

No, really. It was almost scary how similar their line of thought was.

After a long, resigned sigh, he finally decided to address the issue of lunch.

"So, you said you had lunch with him?" Tsukauchi raised his brow, now curious.

Yagi nodded, seeing he had finally gotten a grasp of the situation.

"We talked about heroes..." The blonde paused, hesitating "... And villains"

"Oh? How was it?"

There was a pause.

"... Interesting" He finally let out, an unsure expression on his face.

"Please, tell me" Tsukauchi made a motion with his hand, coaxing him.

Yagi sighed "It was normal at first, he told me about how he liked heroes, the normal adoration" he shrugged light heartedly "...Then he started to tell me about his 'analysis', it... amazed me..." He held the notebook in his hands.

"This is precious and dangerous in the wrong hands. It holds information that can be considered too secret for some heroes"

Tsukauchi narrowed his eyes.

"So after a while, I asked him about villains, since I figured that he may have some information about them" although the implications of him having that information is unsettling.

The detective nodded, signifying he was paying his closest attention.

"Well, he surely surpassed my expectations"

"I've heard"

Yagi coughed, it seems that all the boy did was surpass expectation.

"So? What did he say?"

"Villains are victims, whose stories haven't been told"

Welp. We're not talking about a teen teen anymore. This is a fucking old man with wisdom.

Tsukauchi blinked.

"Wow"

Alright nodded almost sagely "wow indeed"

They didn't need to know that Izuku got that out of Google.

• • • • •

"He wore a hood and a mask with a grin on it, I got to fight with him, he seemed sloppy, but he knew how to win"

" Ah, you must be talking about Glitter"

" Glitter?"

" Aha, its nothing, the police were just contemplating on changing his name to that considering how much he uses it but nevermind. His name is Irony"

".... Irony, huh?"

Tsukauchi sighed as two new issues presented itself. One is that pro-hero Eraserhead had found out about Irony, not that they were trying to hide him but so far he's gone unnoticed (it made sense that an underground hero would notice him), hopefully, he won't start pranking heroes too. Another was that All Might had discovered a teen who seemed to be a genius in his own rights and risks endangering secrets of important heroes.

I still can't believe his first impulse it to ask him to lunch.

Because really? The number one hero asking random kids to lunch?

This was not the most ideal end to his day.

And this was not the most ideal end to a chapter, but eh, the author has run out of ideas.