Chapter 2

I couldn't sleep that night. I was to excited about the upcoming event. But I was also sad about it because I knew that after the ceremony it will take a long time before I see Ferdinand again. They tested the boys and the girls separated. And after that they were send to their academies. But even when we would follow the same path, he would go to another academy then me. That is because he already got assigned to a private school for mixed creatures. And I would just need to go to a normal academy. I couldn't know when I would see him again and the thought that one of my only friends would be away from me for a unknown time made me sad. I just hoped that he would make new friends as fast as possible.

A couple hours later it was finally time to make myself ready for the ceremony. When I was ready I decided that I should make my way to the center of my village.

(Time skip to the moment that she gets tested).

And now we are going to test Mia Maya Delaragro. Please step forward Mia and place your hands on the stone. For the first time I could have a clear view of the stone of faith. It looked like some kind of diamond but you could just feel that it wasn't just a normal diamond. When I touched the stone I felt some kind of energy coming in me. I felt the energy of the stone coming in me, searching for something inside me. Then it stopped. I didn't know what was decided, only the guards know how to see which path is decided for someone. The first couple second they stayed silent, after that one of them (a middle-aged woman) broke the silence. 'Dragonrider, your path is that of a dragonrider' is what she said. I was shocked. Dragonriders where pretty rare, they were also a elite group of people. Apart from being powerfull because of their dragon, they were also powerfull because dragonriders could wield the most powers that a creature could. They were one of the strongest people and because of that very much used as soldiers and gaurds. They weren't much around the normal people because of the status they had. It was then that I realized that I was still standing next to the stone of faith. I quickly walked away to say goodbye to my mother. I was already ready to go, I only needed to pick my bags up and say goodbye to my mother because I didn't know when I would see her again.

When I got home my mom was already waiting for me. She had tears in her eyes. She looked at me and I felt that something was bothering her. 'mom, what's wrong' I said. 'Nothing, nothing to worry about' she said. I didn't believe anything of it but I didn't want to push her. So I just pretended like I believed her. I said goodbye and hugged my mom. After that it was already time to leave again. When I was almost at the end of the street I looked back, back to the house where I grew up, not knowing when if I would ever see it again. After I took a deep breath I turned around and walked around the corner. Leaving my mom and my old house behind, heading to my new life as a dragonrider.

It took me a couple minutes before I reached the village center. There was already a pretty big group waiting there. The guards told us that we needed to wait here until we got picked up. After something that felt like an hour (but what was in reality something like 10 minutes) I finally saw the dragonriders coming. They were tiny dots on the horizon but quickly they came closer until after 2 minutes they finally reached us. The stories that were told about them were already amazing but when you saw them in real life with their dragons you just couldn't help it to be amazed by how they looked. There were three riders. The first rider was a middle-aged man with a pink and black colored dragon, the second rider was a middle-aged woman with a red and grey colored dragon and the third rider was a younger rider (probably in his mid twenties) with a blue and white colored dragon. The guards told us that the dragonriders needed to walk to the dragonriders, they would decide who goes on which dragon.

A couple minutes later

I was chosen by the man with the blue and white colored dragon. While I was on the back of the dragon I couldn't do anything else then admiring the dragon. It was blue with white stripes that swirled across the dragon's scales. I was afraid of heights but that didn't bother me on that moment because I was to busy looking at the dragon. Suddenly I felt that we were starting to go down and it wasn't until then that I realized that we were almost at the academy. I first couldn't see it but after a couple seconds we broke through the clouds and I could finally see the place I will live for the next couple years of my life. I was imagining how it would be like to walk through the halls were earlier generations of dragonriders walked through. I couldn't take my eyes away from the academy until we landed.

We couldn't go inside immediately. We first needed to wait until all the new students arrived and after that we would need to get our room and schedule before we could look around in the academy. We didn't need to unpack anymore because our luggage was already brought to our rooms and most of the things that you needed were already in your room. You officially only needed to bring some stuff for outside schooltime. When all the students arrived and we could finally go inside I looked around and thought about how amazing my life would be after that. But then I didn't yet know what was all going to happen from now on.