ELEVEN

❝GUESS WE ALL HAVE AVOIDED COMING BACK HERE.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 

  CASSIOPEIA ROWE REMEMBERS PICKING AT DANDELIONS WITH HER DAUGHTER, PANDORA, AND HUSBAND, JAY. They'd rush outside every day to pick as many as they could, then close their eyes and make a wish. They'd always open their eyes and see the fuzz of the dandelions floating around in the sky, they would float away and Cassiopeia liked to convince Pandora that they were floating to God, who would bring her wish true. She would stare at her daughter until her husbands' voice would take her attention away, he'd ask every time what Cassiopeia had wished for. As a naive and wishful mom, she'd wish the same thing every time; for her daughter to always be safe. But she would never tell her husband, she would just giggle and say that if she told him it wouldn't come true. Yet every time Cassiopeoia told Jay that he'd ignore it and then tell his wife what he wished for with a smile.

   That damn smile, it never changed since the day they met. His smile looked like home, when seeing it you couldn't not smile back, when seeing it you knew you were safe. His teeth pearly white, one dimple on his left cheek, and smile lines so deep you knew he must've been happy all the time. This is true, the man never got upset, he was always bright. Which is why he'd never wished for happiness when blowing the dandelions - because it was already true. Cassiopeia remembers him never wishing for happiness, but she does remember his wish the last time they ever picked at the dandelions; to live a long life. If only the wish had come true.

   He had made the last wish when Pandora was four. His life wasn't long, in fact, a week after Pandora turned four, Jay Rowe passed away, that was two years ago. The day Cassiopeia's husband died seemed like the start of the end. Cassiopeia will never forget the sight. His body lying limp in a cold hospital bed. You could tell he fought for his life, fighting cancer for over a year always takes a fight. But the fight didn't matter, he was still dead. And Cassiopeia had to live with that for the rest of her life. But at the time she didn't think of that, at the time she thought of their daughter, and what she would tell her. All she could think of is a quote by Daisy from The Great Gatsby, 'the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.' The last thing Cassiopeia is, is a fool, and every part of her wants to raise her daughter the same way. But for Jay Rowe, Cassiopeia was a complete lovesick fool for him. She'd experienced the feeling of love, but it wasn't even compared to the love Jay gave to her.

   Death changes you, and through all the shit Cassiopeia was the most fearless person you could ever meet. Just looking at her stance and the way she presents herself you would never guess it, but nothing fears her - not even being alone. Because even though she lost her twin flame — she still had her daughter — but she was alone. Until she got the voicemail from Mike.

'Cassiopeia,

I have no clue if this voicemail will reach you, if it doesn't it's alright, I'll know if it doesn't or not. We hurt you, all of us losers, and we had no right. You were just as heartbroken as Richie. But now that's over. You both have moved on, and we have moved on. I just hope this gets to you, it's really hard to know exactly where it's going. No one seems to know your number, or where you live, except Beverly but she's even hard to contact. So I asked Cheryl, your mother, in hopes that she knows your number. If she doesn't, then this is nothing but a piece of garbage.