Time Heals Chapter 3: A Promise and A Letter

Start from the beginning

Getting to the house a few minutes later I immediately stripped down and got into a warm shower. Once I was done I pulled on my favorite flannel pajamas and crawled into my bed. It was only a little after 1 in the afternoon, but I was already exhausted. As I closed my eyes and snuggled my pillow I quickly slipped into unconsciousness and a dream

It was a beautiful day, not one I've ever seen in Forks. The sun was shining, the sky a perfect blue without a cloud in sight. Looking around I noticed I was standing in the meadow and it was filled with purple and yellow wildflowers. Smiling I reached down to pick one when I heard a voice call my name.

Turning quickly my breath caught as my dad walked toward me looking more handsome than I could ever remember him being. His eyes held the laughter I hadn't seen in so long

Shaking my head I questioned, "Daddy?"

"Hey baby." He said smiling.

"How?"

"I needed to talk to you and this was the only way."

"I'm so sor…"

"Shhh. I don't need an apology because there is nothing you need to apologize for. You are not the reason I'm not with you anymore and I know you love me. I know I didn't say it enough, but I love you so much too. You were the daughter I always wanted. You took care of me when you first came and when I got the chance I took care of you. I wish I could still be there, but since I can't I need to make sure you're okay. You need to make some friends, have fun and enjoy life."

"But it's so hard."

"I know, but if you try you'll find someone that you can be yourself with and it will get easier. You just have to open yourself back up. There is so much left out there for you to experience."

"I can't promise anything."

"I'm not asking you too." He said smiling once again.

Taking a deep breath I looked up into his eyes and asked, "Are you happy?"

"I'm close. Where I am is beautiful, but I'll only be truly happy when you are. So no pressure or anything."

I chuckled quietly. "I miss you.

Dad raised his hands and placed them on my cheeks before kissing my forehead. "I miss you too Bells and I love you. Always remember that."

"I love you too." I said as I felt a tear slide down my cheek which he quickly wiped away with his thumb.

"No more tears. You've shed enough."

I nodded and willed them away. "Will I see you or be able to talk to you again?"

"If you need me just close your eyes and I'll be there. I may not be able to answer and you won't always see me, but know that I'm listening and loving you every minute."

I nodded again and wrapped my arms around his waist. His came around my shoulders and held me tightly for a few seconds before he pulled away. "I have to go now, but remember what I said."

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too Bells." He said as he started to walk backwards. Just before he stepped through the trees he waved with a smile.

As he disappeared I closed my eyes…

My eyelids fluttered open and I was back in bed. Rolling over onto my back I glanced over at my nightstand.