"You get that from your mother." Alfred supplied, causing her to freeze with her hand still on the doorknob. "She was the one that constantly argued with your uncle when he dug into records of the people she associated with. She chose to believe that if someone wanted to tell their story, they would, despite her feelings about them. And believe you me, she didn't exactly love every one of your father's friends."

Blair faced Alfred, her facial expression one he had never seen her wear before. It was almost like she was scared of the words that she was struggling to say, "Would she- I mean, do you think she'd be proud of me? Of what I do?"

Without a moment's hesitation, Alfred answered. "Your mother would be undeniably proud of you for taking your life into your own hands. She always wanted you to."

Blair nodded before twisting the knob, "I'm going to go find Jason."

"Be safe, Miss Blair." He warned. "It's a crazy world out there, though you already know that."

"I do, Alfred." But she wasn't sure it was as crazy as she was.

********

Alfred walked back into the kitchen to clean up the medicine that had been left on the counter, not at all surprised to see Bruce still leaning against the sink deep in thought, "She's gone, sir. Now, tell me why you didn't think to warn her about the man that is on the loose once more."

"She has enough on her mind without me adding to it, don't you think?" He replied, standing up to help clean the mess of bloodied rags.

Alfred nodded, "Yes, but—"

"No. I'll tell her when everything has calmed down with her and Jason." Bruce decided, refusing to hear anything else. "The last thing she needs right now is to know that Two-Face is on the loose again."

********

Blair climbed the fire escape to the top of the building across from Zoe Lawton's apartment, a duffel bag full of blankets from the trunk of her car. She wasn't entirely sure how long she was going to be out, but she knew it was getting colder. Jason's jacket from the coat rack was slung over the bag, covering the zipper that wouldn't stay shut due to all of the blankets stuffed inside. The last thing anyone needed was Knight Wolf and Robin stuck at home with a cold.

She effortlessly hoisted herself onto the roof, the duffel bag knocking into her side. Her eyes fell on Jason sitting with his legs over the edge of the building, a case of beer on the ground.

"Figured I'd see you here." Blair announced her presence as he glanced over his shoulder at her. He looked like he was about to yell at her, so she immediately threw her hands up in surrender, "You said to not follow you. You didn't say anything about finding you later." She grabbed the jacket off the bag with her injured hand, hoping that the more she used it, the less it would hurt. "Also, you weren't wearing a jacket earlier, so here."

Jason took the jacket from her hands, placing the bottle of beer he had been previously drinking on his side as he shrugged it on. Whether or not he noticed her injury, he didn't say anything, he just looked back out over the dark city. She couldn't exactly see his face from where she was standing, causing her to move forward to sit next to him on the edge, taking a beer out of the case.

He turned to face her and she almost dropped her beer onto the sidewalk below. An ugly bruise was forming on the side of his face and his lip was split open. Without thinking, she reached forward with her injured hand, tracing his lip with her fingers, "Jay, what happened?"