Chapter 5

A/N: first of all... I'm sorry for leaving this story hanging for 3 years... I'm having a huge writer block on this book. But now I'll try my best to update frequently. Now enjoy the book!

Previously on Chapter 4

I just watch him eat in silent. I think about his past, the one he told me about and frown. He notice this and turns to look at me. "What's wrong?" He asks, seeming genuinely concern. I shake my head "nothing..." I said. Then I smile at him. "Welcome to the Academy..." I said. He smiles "thank you, Y/N..." He said. I give him a soft eye-smile in return. I didn't notice how his cheeks turn slightly pink.

I really wish he would feel the same way

-I'll Protect Her-

Y/N P.O.V

Another day at the academy. Things went by just like the other days. Nothing special's going on. I kinda wish we have a battle or something. I need the thrill. But nothing... Oh well...

After the our lesson at the academy is over. I decided to walk around the town. Something came up in my mind as I keep on walking. "Maybe I could go there. It's been a while I haven't visited that place. Then I make my way to that certain direction.

I came to a stop at Lake. This is where my parents always take me when I was a kid. We always have picnics here.

I take a seat at our usual spot each time we visited this place

I take a seat at our usual spot each time we visited this place. I've always love this place. The clearness of the water, makes it seems like I'm staring into the cloud.

I hug my knees. "Papa... mama... you always take me to this lake each time I'm feeling down... I miss you guys... mama... papa..." I said in a low tone. Without noticing, my tears streams down my cheeks.

Ever since my parents are gone... I couldn't bring myself to come here. It just hurts so much. Sitting after such a long time, brings back memories of the times I've spent with my parents.

I hear rustling behind me. I quickly stand up and looks around, alerted. "Who's there? Show yourself!" I demand. Instead of showing themselves, whoever it is starts laughing.

I grow irritated. "Are you deaf?? I told you to show yourself not laugh!" I scream. Then behind the bush someone appear. My eyes widened when I saw who it is.

I remember those eyes anywhere. "You! You're the one who killed my parents!" I scream. He smirks at me "my... look at you... I'm glad I didn't kill you... you've grown to a beautiful woman..." he said. He walks towards me, running his hand on my cheek. I try to move so I could fight back. But I froze in fear. Not because I'm scared of him... but the memories of my dad's death and his blood on my hands returns.

"Hm... you haven't change, have you? Still the same scaredy cat..." he said, mockingly. Anger flushed in me, but I still can't bring myself to move or make a remark at him. I just look down.

I can feel his finger under my chin. Then my head is tilted upwards. I stare into his eyes. Those same cold eyes.

I can see his eyes scanning my face. Then he smirks once again. "Beautiful... simply beautiful... it makes me hard to decide whether I should just kill you or make you mine..." he said, leaning closer to my face. My eyes widened and I push him off me. I can feel the adrenaline rush.

"Like hell I will be yours! I won't ever be with you! You murderer!!" I scream at him. I reach in my pocket and take out my Driver. His smirks just grew. "Wanna fight? Let's see then... whether you're the same weakling..." he said. I turn activate my driver and it turns to an archery set.

I aim it at him and shoot. He jumps out of the way. I keep shooting at him. But he avoids each one with ease. I clench my hands in frustration. He smirks "my turn~" he said. Then he starts attacking me. I can feel cuts all over my body.

I drop on my knees and breathe heavily. He hovers above me. He looks down at me with a smirk. "Hm... quit already? Turns out you're the same weakling... how boring... I should just kill you then... I'm not gonna waste my time on a useless human like you" he said. He raise his sword and swung it down.

I close my eyes tightly, waiting for the impact. But nothing came. I open my eyes to see another sword shielding me from that guy.

"Aniki... long time no see..." the boy said. I turn my head and my eyes widened. "Aoto..." I said. Aoto turns to look at me briefly then turn back to the boy. His twin.

He deflect the his twin's sword, sending him back. Then he stands protectively in front of me. He stare at his twin brother with an unreadable expression. But I can see the anger in his eyes. "Ariton..." he said in a low tone, which almost sounded like a growl.

"Why are you getting in my way? I was about to end that useless girl's life..." he said. "Don't. Touch. Her" Aoto spats each words. "Hm... very interesting... you seem to care so much about this girl..." he said. Then he snaps his finger as he figures something out. "ah~ I see what's going on. You've fallen in love her, am I right... Aniki?" Ariton said. "So what if I do?" He said. I stare at Aoto wide-eyed as his expression remains the same.

Ariton's eyes widened, then he smirks at Aoto. "Well then. That means we gotta have a competition then. Instead of killing her... I'm gonna make her mine..." Ariton said. "In your dreams... I can't do anything when you killed our parents... but I'm not gonna stand back and watch... I'm not gonna let you get anywhere near Y/N... I'll protect her even if it cause me my life... I swear on that!" Aoto said. Ariton just smirks "we'll see if you can keep your word, Aniki" he said, then he leaves.

Aoto deactivate his Driver and turns to me. He get on his knees. "Y/N... are you okay?" He asks. I just nod my head. He let out a sigh and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry..." he said. "Why are you sorry? You saved me..." I said. He didn't say anything as he keeps on hugging me. I just smile and hugs him back.

"Is it true?" I asks after a moment of silent. He pulls away and looks at me. "What?" He said. I stare into his eyes. "Do you really love me?" I asks. He turns silent for a moment then nods his head. "It's true... I love you, Y/N... so so much..." he said. I stare at him in shock. "It's okay if you don't feel the same way... I expect nothing else... no one ever l-" I cut him off by kissing him. He's surprised at first, then relaxes and kisses me back. I smile into the kiss and tilt my head to kiss him passionately.

*to be continued*