Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

"W-when I was a kid... I h-have a twin. His n-name is Ariton. H-He killed o-our parents. He also k-killed those p-people on Blue Christmas. I-I couldn't do anything to s-stop him... You're r-right... You're right when you said that I'm e-experiencing a deep p-pain. Y/N... I lost everyone" he said. I pull him into a hug. I rub his back gently trying to calm him down. "Shh... It's okay... It's gonna be okay" I whispers. He clutch the back of my shirt tightly. "D-don't leave me... I d-don't want to be a-alone... P-please" he pleads. "I won't..." I said. "Promise?" He asks, pulling away to look at me. I nod my head "I promise" I said, smiling. He just nod his head and pulls me into a hug again.

-Battle-

Y/N P.O.V

I went to the academy, since we are gonna have a practice today. Aoto have went home. I'm really surprise that Aoto would share about his past to me. He seems to really trust me. I've promise that I'd never leave him, I won't break that promise. 'I think I'm falling for Aoto. Did he feel the same?' I thought. Then I shook my head. What am I thinking. We just met, how can I fall for him.

When I get to the academy. I meet up with Akane and Midori. I smile "hey guys... Good morning" I said. They turn to me and smile. "Hey! Morning to you too" Midori said.

We start walking towards the training field. "You're usually earlier than us... Where have you been?" Akane asks me. "Um... I overslept" I lied. I can't tell him that I'm with Aoto. Akane is kinda cold towards him. "Y/N... Overslept? That's new" Akane said, chuckling. I just roll my eyes in respond.

"You should just move in to the academy dorm, Y/N... I have space in my room. We could be a roommate" Midori said. "I'll think about it, I just can't leave my home... Memories about my family is still there. I can't leave it" I said, as I look down. "Yeah... Take your time" Akane said. I turn to him and smile, nodding my head.

Akane P.O.V

'Y/N seem kinda off today. She's not talkative like she usually do. Is she having problem or something?' I thought. But I decide not to asks. It could be personal, so I'll just leave it be for now.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

Me, Akane, Midori and Undine decide to visit Aoto in his house. We were walking towards the direction to his house. This is the first time I'll be going to his house.

When we get there, we see Aoto feeding cats. He notice us and stand up. "Are those your cats?" Undine asks. "No... They are stray cats" he said. "You like feeding them?" Midori asks. "No... I just feel like it" He respond. "They seem to really like you" I said. He looks down as the cats is snuggling to his legs, then he looks up at me "maybe..." He said. "That's even worse! You can't just feed them when you feel like it" Akane yelled. I nudge his rib, making him grunts in pain. "What's that for, Y/N-Chan?" He said. "Don't be so rude" I said. He rolls his eyes. We talk for a while. Trying to persuade Aoto to join the academy.

Akane and Midori decide to leave, since they notice their attempts is not going anywhere. But I stay put. Akane turns to me "you coming?" He asks. "No... Go on ahead. I still wanna talk with Aoto" I said. He raised an eyebrow at me, then shrug his shoulder, turning around and leave with Midori.

Undine is here too. I let her talk to Aoto for a bit. I just play with the cats. Since I was a kid. I've always love cats.

Aoto P.O.V

Y/N is sitting a few feet away from us. Undine and I is having a small chat. But I don't really focus on what she's saying. My attention is on Y/N, watching her play with the cats.

Undine notice this and follows my gaze. She smile as she notice who I'm looking at. "I see... You're in love with her" she said, smiling at me. "Uh w-what?" I said. "Don't deny it... Your eyes tells it. You're in love with her, she seems to have the same feelings for you as well" she said, still smiling. I sigh "is that obvious?" I asks. She giggles and nod her head. But one thought is on my mind. 'Did Y/N really loves me too?' I thought.

"Listen Aoto... Y/N have the same pass as you are... She lost the one she loves when she was a kid... That's why she understands you" Undine said. I know she lost her dad, but I didn't know about her Mom. I guess she lost both of them the same way as I did. They were both killed.

Undine told me that she needs to get going and she told me to rethink my decision about it. "If you love Y/N... Then join the academy... You'll need the skill, so you can protect Y/N" she said. Then she turn around to leave. When she was out of my sight, I sigh and walk towards Y/N.

Y/N P.O.V

I heard footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Aoto. "Let's take a walk around the town" he said. I smile and nod my head. He offers his hand. I place my hand on his and get up.

We start walking around the town. We would talk once in a while, but most of the time it's silent.

Then we come across Akane with a kid. 'What is he doing with that kid?' I thought to myself. "Are you hungry again?" Aoto said. The kid look at Aoto "Nii-San!" He said happily. The kid run towards Aoto "give me bread" he said. "Sorry... I don't have any now. Let's go buy some" Aoto said. "Thank you!" the boy said.

"You feel like it again?" Akane said. "You almost did the same thing. You can't just leave him alone" Aoto said. "Where's his parents? They should feed him! He's still a kid" Akane said. "Some parents can't do that" Aoto respond. "In these days?!" Akane argued. "Akane..." I said. He turns to me "what are you doing with him?" He looks down and notice our hand "are you two..." He said. I was about to say something, when the kid cut me off. "Nii-San! Bread" he said. Aoto look down "okay" he said. "Wait! I'll tell his parents" he said. Aoto turn to him "tell them what? How?" He said.

Then a council patrol robot come. It walk pass us when suddenly it act up. Aoto protects the boy as I took out my driver. Akane did the same. Midori came and help us. Akane gave Aoto a driver and he run outside to rescue the boy.

My driver can change into different types of weapon. I choose a sword. I run forward and attack the robot. Akane attack from the front and Midori attacks from behind.

We walk out to see its raining. "There!" Midori said, pointing towards where the boy is. "on it" he said. He run forward and help the boy. The boy is unconscious. I walk forward and cradle the boy in my arms. The boy's father is there, he's crying because he can't save him. Akane walk forward and starts yelling. Aoto said he tried to save him but he can't. Aoto explain about subconscious and conscious. "Take his hand" Akane said looking at the boy, who's holding onto me. Aoto walk forward and try to explain to the boy. The boy nod his head and walk forward to his Father and they hug each other. 'Father...' I thought, remembering my dad.

Aoto seems to be having a flashback. Then he clutch his chest. "Did it hurt you that much?" Akane asks. "Aoto..." I said. I walk forward and wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back, clutching the back of my shirt tightly. "Shh... It's okay... I'm right here" I whispers. "D-Don't leave m-me Y/N..." He said. "I'm not going anywhere... I'm right here" I said. He continue to hug me tightly. I stayed silent and let him hold me as long as he needs.

*to be continued*