SARAH THOMPSON

"Excuse me?"

I look over to my left and raise an eyebrow. I was sitting in the middle of my university's café with my laptop open and all of my homework on the table in front of me. "Yes? Can I help you?"

He tilts his head. He was an average looking guy, with curly hair, lukewarm skin, and brown eyes. Actually, he was kind of cute. I feel like I've seen him around before. I probably have, but then again our school is huge. "You're Sarah Thompson right? The girl from our school's newspaper?"

I sighed and tried not to roll my eyes. "Yes. Can I help you?"

The school newspaper was my biggest enemy at the moment. Don't get me wrong I love the school newspaper, I contribute to it a lot. It's just that the girl's that are in charge of the fashion section decided to include a picture of me and my "horrible" outfit as they called it. I have to admit, it wasn't a good picture and the outfit wasn't cute, but I was completely mortified. That should matter right? They even headlined it "Look at this disaster we call Sarah." What? And on top of that everyone in school recognized me for it. They didn't recognize me as the girl who had a political piece in the politics section, or the girl who contributed a freaking six paged short story into the science fiction section, or the girl who wanted to be a famous freaking writer one day and work for Phillip Myers. It's ridiculous how mean young adults can be, but it's life and I guess I have to deal with it right?

He lets out a chuckle. "No, I'm not here to make fun of you. It was a nice picture." I snort and he laughs. "I just wanted to let you know that I loved your science fiction piece. It was very interesting to read about how Daniel finally got in contact with aliens."

My eyes grew wide and I sat up straight. "Wait, you actually read it?"

He smiles and nods. "Of course, it was really good. Do you want to be a writer?"

I nod and smile softly. "It's my life long dream. Wow, thank you for actually reading it. What's your name?"

"Franklin." He moves over to my table and sits in front of me. "Actually, it's good that you want to be a writer. I sent your story to my uncle and he wants more."

"Wow, that's amazing. Who's your uncle?"

"Phillip Myers."

I let out a loud cough. "Phillip Myers? As in THE Phillip Myers? As in the number one publishing executive in the world?"

He laughs. "Yes, he wants to meet up tomorrow. Are you free?"

I squeal. "Yes!" I clear my throat and nod. "Yeah, I'm totally free."

He smiles and stands up. "Okay Sarah Thompson, see you tomorrow." He adjusts his bag strap and walks out of the café.

I look down at my lap and smile. My dream is finally coming true.