I thought for a moment. "Secure facility in Arizona I think. He's still locked up, if that's what you're wondering?"

  "No- well, yes that was part of it- but is there anyway I'll be able to get clearance to visit him?"

  "What?" I couldn't help my confusion from leaking through to my tone. "Why would you want to visit him?"

  "I want to see what answers I can get," she said, pausing for a long moment before continuing. "And, I don't know, maybe try to convince him that Valilorna isn't a goddess worth following."

  Realization dawned on me. "You want to offer a way out. Like Optimus used to."

  That earned me silence, and I could tell she was chewing her lip the way she did when she got anxious. My jaw clenched, and I hated the fact that I was states away all over again.

  "The first time he offered sanctuary to a Con, I didn't understand it," she finally said, her voice lost in thoughts. "I didn't get how he could trust someone that had tried to kill him and his team. I thought he trusted too easily, but he made sure I knew that he would never trust anyone that would hurt a single member of the team." She paused. "Optimus was able to bring himself to offer some top Cons a second chance. I'd like to do the same. That Cybertronian could be a very powerful ally if he wants a way out, and if I can offer it to him..."

  "You don't have to be Optimus Prime, Amanda," I said, tone soft. "You may be leader of Earth's Team Prime, but that doesn't mean you have to be the Prime."

  She was silent again, before, "I know. But I'd like to try to be."

  Holding back a sigh, I nodded. "Okay. I'll ask around, see what it'll take to get security clearance for the two of us-"

  "Two of us?"

  "Like hell you're going alone."

  "Of course." She laughed quietly, making me smile.

  "Give me some time. I'll work some magic."

  "Don't stress yourself out over it. You have a lot on your plate already. This can come later."

  "Hey, don't worry about me. You're the one on the front lines right now."

  "I thought you said you'd rather be on the front lines any day if it meant you didn't have to worry about talking to your superiors."

  I paused, remembering the conversation. "The point is, be careful."

  She laughed again, less held back this time. "As long as you do too. Which means, heading to bed, if I'm getting the time zones right."

  Sighing, I sat down on the bed. "How am I supposed to sleep knowing my girl is out there fighting the good fight alone?"

  "You're cute," Her laughter didn't stop. "Love you, Finn."

  "Love you too, Amanda. Good night."

  "Night."

[Miko]

  "I dunno, Jack," I admitted, idly pushing around the potatoes on my plate. "Even I'm kinda worried."

  He sat down next to me with his own plate of food. "I know, but Amanda knows how to take care of things. I'm sure she has it all under control."

  After getting the rest of the night off, we had headed over to his house since his mom wanted to have dinner, only to be held up at the hospital for an extra three hours. We gave up on waiting and made our own food, sitting only now to eat.