Chapter nine

Y/n pov

Ella is teaching Amy, Cream, Cheese, and I table manners. Chris and Sonic sat on the other side of the table Sonic eating an apple. Ella said to us cheerful," Let's start with our first course. Which knife and fork should you use?" Amy said excited," Um, these!" We all pick up the utensils farthest from the plate Cream and I agreeing with her. Ella said proud of us," Right! You are such smart children, and what good manners. Sonic said not caring," I don't see why we have to learn this edict baloney in the first place."

Chris responded happily," My mom says it's important to learn good manners so we can eat properly." Sonic said rudely," Well I've never learned anything about manners and I've been eating my whole life." Sonic took another bite of his apple Mr. Tanaka said bending over to be between Chris and Sonic," Sonic, kindly use your fruit knife."

Gramps said while he ate," I wonder what's  keeping Tails he should be back by now." Suddenly a high pitched laugh is heard getting everyone's to see Bokkun with a small screen and wearing a hat. Bokkun said happily to us," Oh sorry, I didn't know it was meal time, but Doctor Eggman has a real important message for ya." Everyone is on guard Sonic said annoyed," Not again!" Mr. Tanaka said pointing to Bokkun," How dare you barge in on us like this. You need to learn some manners."

Bokkun said not caring," Eh, that's what you say." The screen turned on showing Eggman he said monotone," Good evening, Sonic. I suggest you take a look out your window." Sonic said confused," Window?" Sonic opens a window I come over curious with Chris to see a bright white light shooting up high in the sky. Gramps said behind me," What is it?" Cream spoke up saying," That light is coming from a choas emerald." Chris asked looking to Sonic and me," Is she right?"

I respond suprised," Cream's half right, but that's more than one emerald, right Sonic?" Before he could say anything Eggman answered," That's right, Y/n. We both want those emeralds, but why not be good sports about it. That's why I suggest you suit up and meet me over..." He dissappears for a second before appearing with a spotlight above him wearing Baseball clothes he finished," the Diamond stadium." Mr Tanaka said now intrigued," Diamond stadium." Gramps asked suspicious," What for?"

Eggman answered holding out a baseball," I challenge you and your friends friend to game of winner take all baseball." He started to laugh before the screen went blank Sonic now looked nervous. Bokkun said to us," You guys might be a little rusty so how about some batting practice." The screen is which with a bat Bokkun giggles merrily Sonic now looked even more nervous he said," Uh oh." Bokkun hit multiple balls everywhere making us have to dodge them.

That's when Ella stopped him by putting a hand on Bokkun's head she said annoyed," You got a decent swing but you gotta stop hitting it foul." Bokkun looked nervous before he's chucked out of house sent flying away. Chris said shocked," What kind of pitch was that?" Gramps said uncertain," I think it was a screw ball." I thought with a smirk,' Or get out my house ball.' Sonic said loudly," We have to get to that Stadium!" Everyone packs into the car except Sonic and I who run to the Stadium ahead of them.

We soon come rushing in running around to see Eggman already here with Tails and Knuckles. We stop in front of them Sonic says bluntly," Hey. How's it going Knuckles" I said with a smile waving," Hi guys." Knuckles has a small smile on his face Eggman said calmly," Well if it isn't Sonic and Y/n. I thought you weren't going to show up so I took you of the emeralds and I was just collecting the second. Hehe." The rest of the gang finally caught up coming to us Eggman said pleased," But now that your here maybe we can play ball."

Sonic said determined," All right. Just give us back that Chaos Emerald." Eggman said nonchalantly," All in good time, my speedy little opponent. But first let me introduce you to my fellow teammates." We turn around seeing a werid flying ship. The bottom center circle opens a bright white line shined down multiple similar robots came down that wore a similar outfit to Eggman. Eggman came down standing in front of his team of robots said nonchalantly," Not too shabby eh? So why don't we knock off the pre-game ceremony. And get to the reason we're all here, game time."

Two robots went in front of Eggman they said in union," Let's play ball!" Tails spoke up unhappy," You can't have your game here!" Gramps said getting in front of Tails," Wait, it just so happens that old grandpa Chuck is a baseball fan from way back." Tails hummed confused poking his head out to the left Gramps continued," A nice game of friendly baseball sounds like a great idea to me." Tails stuttered out," But. But, Chuck." Eggman laughs he said to jim," Ah, so your Chuck, are you? Well it is a great pleasure to finally meet you. A bold game sounds exciting after being cooped up in that laboratory of yours day after day."

Tails yelled angry," Hey! If anybody wants to have a ball game you'll have to have it some place else. Is anybody listening to me?" Gramps said ignoring Tails," Well Eggman, if the others are for it I'd be more than happy to except your challenge." Tails yelled angry," You can't have your game here. Your going to ruin all of the beautiful terf." The yellow robot says annoyed," What's that loud mouthed fox getting so bent out of shape for?" The gray one says in return," Who knows."

Tails says to the robots startling them," Hey, I'll have you know this stadium means a lot to my friend." A man came behind Tails he said calmly," It's okay Tails." Tails hummed looking to him shocked. The man continued," It's only a matter of time before this place is demolished anyway." Gramps said looking to him confused with Chris," Hmm... have I seen you somewhere before?" The guy answered after a humm," Maybe in the seventh stretch. I'm the grounds keeper here." Gramps said suprised taking a step forward," Ah, I thought you looked familiar. I've seen you on television. You were friends with the owner Edward Johnson right?"

Chris said suprised," Oh, you know him?" The guy responded sadly," He and I don't talk much anymore." Suddenly Gramps began to cry he said," This is such a honor to think I get to play on the world famous Diamond Stadium." Eggman said finally having enough," Stop blubbering and let's play some baseball!" I heard Amy say," Okay." Cream asked confused," How do we play?" Going ignored Gramps said happily," All right, everybody! Time for the Choas Emerald Baseball playoff." Suddenly Eggman shoves him aside Eggman said with a big grin," It's the first annual Eggman Intergalactic Baseball Challenge!"

I am standing next to Knuckles while Sonic lay on the heads of a few robots Chris not far from Knuckles. Knuckles said disappointed," This is sad." Chris said in agreement," And totally embarrassing." I nod I said begrudgingly," At least Eggman didn't bring stuff to advertise himself." I look over to see Mr. Tanaka stretching Sonic said getting my attention now sitting on one of the robot's head," Is he really on our team?" I wasn't sure if he was talking about Mr. Tanaka or Gramps.

When deciding who is going first by Rock, Paper, and scissors Knuckles spoke up saying seriously," You can't be serious. You do know what will happen if Doctor Eggman wins, don't you? He won't just be winning the game, but the Chaos Emeralds too. If Eggman wins this game it'll mean nothing but catastrophe for all of us." Eggman said monotone," I'd say that's stinking thinking." Gramps said to him," Why ruin everyone's fun?" Knuckles hummed confused Amy said getting coming over to him," Come on Knuckles. Don't you want to play?"

Cream said teasing him coming over next to Amy," Don't be chicken." Cheese says something in it's language Knuckles said irrated," Me? Chicken!" Mr. Tanaka said joining in," Perhaps Mr. Knuckles is simply afraid to play a game of Baseball? Hm?" Knuckles responds irrated surrounded by Eggman,  Gramps,  Mr. Tanaka, Tails, Amy, Cream, and Cheese," Afraid? I'm not afraid of anything!" Sonic said standing next to Knuckles teasing," Great then you'll play huh?" Knuckles growled I decided to join in I come over on the other side of Knuckles I said to him," Come on Knuckles. We know you'll have fun with us."

Knuckles growled again before yelling giving in," Alright you asked for it! You want a team player I'll give you a team player! Let's get this game on!"