Chapter 15

"What?" I did not expect that.

"Look I don't know what happened, but I realized that I want what you have, what everyone has. I want love. I was so blindly into you that I didn't realize your heart belonged to someone else. When I saw her in the alleyway shiver in the rain my heat broke. Don't look at me like that I have a heart!"

"Mmmhmmm," I smirked at how she was trying to explain all of this. I will admit it is touching my heart a little. At least she is realizing the truth.

"Anyway I saw her shivering in the cold and I realized that if I kept on chasing after you like a lost puppy then her life would be horrible until she died. She wouldn't be able to feel happy, ever, because of me being so blind. Even in her sleep she looked miserable. I can't do that. Her life has been a disaster from when she was born. If I take you from her she will never have anyone and die alone. That almost made me cry from the col hard truth of all of this. I'm sorry if I ever caused you trouble. I just want to find my mate. I will admit that I wanted you for a little while. I mean who wouldn't you are a walking se-. Grrr I'm sorry it might take me a while to stop that until I find my mate. I really want someone's help with this. Can you help me?" I looked at her bewildered by how much she has changed because of her hard life. It's not my place to say, but let's just say that I know why she was the way she was.

"I can't help you be-" She cut me off as she freaked on me with rage.

"What do you mean you can't! I just changed for something better and you, the alpha, can't help one of his pack members find true love! You are impossible and a bastard!" Normally I would punish her for this, but damn was is not amusing! I gulped down my laugh and smile as I spoke to her.

"I can't help you because I have to take care of my mate. If you let me finish you would understand." Her face turned a bright red as she realized her mistake and was in a state of embarrassment. At this I had to laugh. This was just way to funny! As my laugh calmed down I saw her a little frustrated at my reaction. "Oh come on this is just hilarious! Anyway, I will find someone who doesn't have a mate and is around your age to help you. Right now I want to go and talk with my mate." I turned around to head back into the room to go see my glorious mate when Nicole caught my wrist and stopped me.

"Actually can I talk with her? I got some explaining to do with her." I look at her perplexed. Besides her, I was the only other one person that knows of her troubled past. Everyone else just thought she was a spoiled brat that could seduce anyone to be with her. 

"Are you sure? You don't have to do it if you don't want to. I can just make some shit up to cover for you." She looked at me with a new brotherly love and I knew that she truly changed. Nicole looked me in the eyes and I realized it.

"I need to do this. She needs to know how sorry I was when I first talked to her. At least you can find someone who doesn't have a mate. Thank you." She smiled and was about to go in when I surprised both of us. 

I hugged her. She stood still for a moment then brings her hands around my shoulders. The hug didn't last long, but it said a lot. It said that we were fixed. We only thought about each others as siblings. That little spot where she thought she liked me is past us. Once we let go I smiled and headed off to my beta to talk to him about the situation we are in. 

~Rosa's POV~

I woke up to discover I was back in Ryder's room. Damn it! How the hell did I get back here!? I left for a reason and I need to leave quickly. I get up and head to the window first. I look below and knew I would never be able to make that jump. It has got to be a 20 foot jump! I jus got dizzy thinking about it. I go back to the bed in despair of realizing I would never leave unless I wanted to get into an injury or get chased after by a bunch of werewolves.

It is still a little hard to think that I, Rosa Cathwood, am the mate to the alpha of the Moonlight pack. He doesn't deserve to have a mate like me. I'm hideous, ugly and useless, not to mention worthless. I stare down at the ground in sadness at the realization I was never supposed to be here. I would never be able to escape from him and there is no way I am killing myself. Others might be weak, but I am not that weak to destroy myself, even though no one would care for me even if I was gone.

The door opening drew me out of my thoughts as I saw Nicole enter. Oh no, she is going to kill me knowing I was in here. She is supposed to be with Ryder instead of me. I quickly jump up and race towards the door. Before I got there Nicole grabbed my wrist and gently tossed me back onto the bed. I back up to the head board while she calmly went to sit on the bed. Her legs crossed as she sat in front of me with a relaxed look on her face. I gotta make her understand before she tortures me.

"Look I have no idea how the hell I got here. I just woke up on the bed. I would have jumped out the window, but I rather not live with a fractured leg. Can you help me leave? I promise to get as far away as I can so that you and Ryder will be able to live happily together. Nicole I-" She stopped me by putting talking over me like any one our age would do.

"Hey. Hey. HEY! Look I am not mad at you. I actually came in here to explain myself. I'm really sorry for everything and I hope you understand everything." I stare at her as I sit frozen. I don't know whether to believe she has changed or just run and hope for the best. 

I sigh and stare her in the eyes. She realized that I wanted her to explain herself. She takes a shaky breath as if she is trying to collect her thoughts. 

Who knew that her explanation was the most horrific and heartbreaking story I have ever heard in my pathetic life.