Valentine's Day Special

Start from the beginning

"It appears my young master isn't properly aware of how children work." Came a voice from the staircase. 

The three gazed up as Jeffrey made his way down the steps. He wore a warm smile and placed a clean towel on his shoulder. Obi looked at the new male that approached them and turned back to his sister. 

"If I may, dear?" Jeffrey held his arms out. 

"Sure." Miriki gently gave her baby brother to the older man. 

Jeffrey took the younger boy in his arms, having one arm wrapped around Obi's back and the other under him to support the young boy. The butler swayed slightly and patted the toddler. He hummed softly, causing Obi to lean against his chest and listen to the soothing lullaby.

"Eh?" Both Miriki and Metori glanced at each other, then back at Jeffrey with awed expressions.

"Oh I'm just a simple butler." He chuckled. 

Simple!?  Miriki choked.

"Now, isn't there something you two should be doing on this lovely day?" Jeffrey winked. 

Metori snapped out of his shock and nodded. He intertwined his hand with Miriki and quietly guided her out of his mansion. The two were fortunate enough to leave without waking Obi, although part of Miriki felt bad for leaving her brother to Jeffrey. She made sure to remember to bring something back for the both of them. 

-

Crowds consisting of many people were embracing the lights and lanterns strung up above them. They were decorated with red and pink hearts. Many swarmed the games in hopes of impressing their date or simply to enjoy the time. 

All around, booths called out to the couples. Old or young, they wanted people to come and see what they were selling. Whether it was food or games. 

Metori stepped out of the changing room in a green silky yukata. He grinned at himself in a nearby mirror, but when he heard a curtain open, he turned towards it. That's when his eyes widened whilst his face heated up. 

Wearing a beautiful white kimono with flowers decorated all around and accompanied with a similar floral green overlay. Her hair was pinned back by two flower clips making her look like the goddess of nature. 

Miriki bashfully smiled as Metori walked over to her

Miriki bashfully smiled as Metori walked over to her. He offered her his arm as he shyly scratched his cheek with his unoccupied hand. Her beauty and cuteness was too much for him to handle.